“Good value, very nice owners.”

First Inn of Pagosa
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
Clearwater, Florida
“Good value, very nice owners.”
Reviewed October 7, 2010

This is a good value for your money in a place like Pagosa Springs. As some other people mentioned, the hotel is old but kept very clean, refrigerator, micro, coffee machine in room, sauna and hot tub were great after a day of hiking, great hospitality from the owner Lou with tips where to go hiking and what to do. I also liked it being on the river. We stayed 2 nights and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MLeib

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Austin, TX
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We stayed for 4 nights, and skied at Wolf Creek. This is basically the closest hotel to the mountain, that is why we choose it before hand. All the people at the hotel were supper nice and helpful. The rooms flat out suck, they are very small, very old, and really smell bad. They try to keep the place as clean and nice as possible, you can clearly see the effort, but there is only so much you can do with a 30+ year old hotel. The rooms are tiny, have almost no electrical outlets to plug anything in. The beds are the worst beds I think I have ever slept in, and sheets are too small to fit the bed, so when you roll over at night the bottom sheet comes off, and half way through the night you have to get up and redo the bottom sheet or you get all wrapped up and tangled. The place does have Internet service, but it is basically dial-up if anyone still remembers what that was like, it was so painful, I just gave up. They offer like some kind of breakfast thing in the morning, but its just frozen waffles you put in the toaster, and some muffins, they had a juice machine, but it was frozen and did not work right. After one try at breakfast here, we went out to eat every morning there after.
This place reminds me of when I was in college, and we would all kick in a little money and 4 or 5 of us would split a room. If you are in college and broke this is perfect, if you are past that college stage in life, this is certainly not the place for you. This is a place to crash, nothing more.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank TXDego
fountain
Reviewed August 3, 2009

With what I paid for 3 nights it was still less than what one night would cost at the Springs Resort and the rooms were great! Staff made you feel at home, and listen to them on dining recomendations; Kip's, and Boss Hogs was great! While in Pagosa Springs go on some of the hike/mt. bike tours offered in the area!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Vestal, New York
Reviewed June 30, 2009

The room was slightly dated but clean, the location is OK (not really walking distance to the downtown core, although there are restaurants within walking distance). The property itself is on the river but surpriaingly there is nothing on the property to highlight this asset. There is a town walking path that parallels ths river if you want to take a short stroll. I didn't use the pool or hot tub and didn't partake in the very modest continental breakfast. Overall, it was average for what I paid.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
colorado
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We had a very bad experience with another local motel. Due to this we were looking for a motel in the middle of the night. The owner/manager said they could find us a room and that she would be waiting for us. When we got there after 10 PM she was very nice and even opened the hot tub special for us.

We didn't get up early enough the enjoy the breakfast, but the room was spotless and welcoming. The TV reception was good, the furniture and carpet were new. The room was quiet and comfortable. The refrigerator worked well, and the shower was a "real" shower. They made sure there was replacements for shampoo, etc. The hot tub was hot and there were always towels. The WiFi was fast and user friendly.

I don't know what more to say than they saved our weekend, even with all the rain. I would stay there again without a second thought. They treated us much nicer than anyplace else we have stayed. It is a gem!!!

There was access to a fishing area and an outside gazebo and area to relax and read or whatever (we didn't get to use due to the constant rain).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
las vegas
Reviewed February 12, 2009

numerous stays, unfounded courtesy from staff & owners. you always feel like you are at home when you enter the front door!! Not in any way does this privately owned hotel feel like a chain stay. It always seems to have nice clean rooms, clean linens, & it prides itself in great prices. I call around for prices all the time, The First Inn is always cheaper for more options. Ski lovers can enjoy the great ski packages offered. For the people who don't like this place' you just do not know a great value!

• Liked — great people & great location
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Mexico
Reviewed January 18, 2009

This is our 2nd time at the First Inn. We happened upon this hotel a year ago. The 2 night stay was alright. Knowing the low-ish price and friendly staff, decided to stay again this year without hesitation. Our Pagosa experience was awesome, including a nice dinner at JJ's restaurant less than a block away form the Inn.

My problem is with some people staying a few doors down that woke me up off and on from 2:30-4AM! Lots of foot traffic, pounding on the door, and a man and woman arguing loudly. The issue was that when I finally called the from desk at 3:30 AM, I felt that my concern was a burden to the manager's sleep schedule and I was just going to have to wait it out. I believe any hotel should deal with these matters more professionally. I couldn't get to sleep until 5am. For a "vacation" I surely didn't feel rested. I was not refunded the $80 (after tax) that we paid upon arriving. Note: you might not want to EVER prepay for your room. Who does that? Lesson learned.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bObdObalina77