First Inn of Pagosa
Econo Lodge - Pagosa Springs(Pagosa Springs)(Great Value!)
EconoLodge
San Juan Motel(Pagosa Springs)
$70
$68
Hotels.com
Pagosa Springs Inn and Suites(Pagosa Springs)(Great Value!)
$100
Official Site
Alpine Inn(Pagosa Springs)(Great Value!)
$70
Quality Inn(Pagosa Springs)
$99
QualityInn
Hillside Inn(Pagosa Springs)
$87
High Country Lodge(Pagosa Springs)(Great Value!)
$120
Priceline
Motel SOCO(Pagosa Springs)(Great Value!)
$114
Hotels.com
The Springs Resort & Spa(Pagosa Springs)
TripAdvisor
Wyndham Pagosa(Pagosa Springs)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe riverborde riohot tubclose driveroom was cleanliquor storewolf creekbasic amenitieslots of pillowsstay there againgreat townhotel experiencewalking distanceplace to sleepnon smokingconvenient locationa great place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2009

This is our 2nd time at the First Inn. We happened upon this hotel a year ago. The 2 night stay was alright. Knowing the low-ish price and friendly staff, decided to stay again this year without hesitation. Our Pagosa experience was awesome, including a nice dinner at JJ's restaurant less than a block away form the Inn.

My problem is with some people staying a few doors down that woke me up off and on from 2:30-4AM! Lots of foot traffic, pounding on the door, and a man and woman arguing loudly. The issue was that when I finally called the from desk at 3:30 AM, I felt that my concern was a burden to the manager's sleep schedule and I was just going to have to wait it out. I believe any hotel should deal with these matters more professionally. I couldn't get to sleep until 5am. For a "vacation" I surely didn't feel rested. I was not refunded the $80 (after tax) that we paid upon arriving. Note: you might not want to EVER prepay for your room. Who does that? Lesson learned.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bObdObalina77
Reviewed January 5, 2009

My family loves staying at this hotel. It is not fancy but it is very clean and updated. I will stress the fact that our room was CLEAN and that the housekeeping staff was kind and works very hard. The front desk clerks are friendly and helpful. The owners are always around working on the property to make it nice for you. They will stop to give you suggestions on where to eat or what to do. The homemade sweet rolls and blueberry muffins in the morning are wonderful. My kids love the pool, hot tub and sauna. The location is perfect. There is a fishing pond in the back and access to the river. Great price. Would recommend to people who know what good service is and appreciate privately owned establishments.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2008

We just happened up on this place when we were passing through Pagosa Springs, CO. It is the greatest lttle place. It's general manager, Gloria, and her husband make the place what it is. It's clean beyond anything I've ever seen in a hotel. The sauna, hot tub and pool were immaculate and the best ones I've ever experienced. The price is great. The staff is helpful and friendly (even those that couldn't speak English had a smile even if they couldn't understand you). The washer and dryer were so great to have. The wireless internet was a plus. The refrigerator, microwave, hairdryers were all pluses. The complimentary orange peel water is a nice treat to try. I can't say enough good about this place or the people. I wish I could always have them around to when I need a place to stay while I'm on the road. So treat yourself to a great little stay at the First Inn in Pagosa Springs, CO if ever you should pass through there (make sure Gloria is the General Manager since she was the captain of the ship when I stayed there)...it was so good I went back a week later and the level of everything was as it was on the first stay.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank flippinrph
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Not a bad motel. Its cheap (we paid $75 tax included), quiet and has an excellent sauna. This is not a luxury hotel, just a clean quiet place to sleep.

One bad note is our 2 yo daughter saw the pool and got excited but they have an "ABSOLUTLEY NO DIAPERS" sign on the pool which I interpreted to include swim diapers.

I would also second Kips (closeby) for tacos, its good.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed December 13, 2007

First Inn of Pagosa is easy to find and located within walking distance to many good eateries, shops and activities. The river runs right behind the Inn and there is a river walkway you can stroll. The staff we're pleasent and happy to inform of restaurants (try Kips, great tacos one block from Inn) and any other questions I had. There is a dry sauna, hot tub and indoor pool, great for kids and for after a day of skiing at Wolf Creek, which received 124" of snow in seven days just before I arrived. The rooms are standard, clean and comfy, a big plus is that ALL THE ROOMS HAVE AIR CONDITIONING. The room also had a coffee maker, microwave and small refrigerator.
The feeling I got at the Inn was a kind of "my house is your house" mood. They have laundry machines in a common area, they also have a nice waiting room with a gas fire place. The continental breakfast is just that, continental, it's not a full breakfast, but it's enough to get you going.
First Inn you've got my stamp of approval, thanks for the nice visit!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business