“BEST PLACE I'VE EVER STAYED...WISH ALL HOTELS WERE LIKE THIS”

First Inn of Pagosa
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
everton,ar
“BEST PLACE I'VE EVER STAYED...WISH ALL HOTELS WERE LIKE THIS”
Reviewed August 20, 2008

We just happened up on this place when we were passing through Pagosa Springs, CO. It is the greatest lttle place. It's general manager, Gloria, and her husband make the place what it is. It's clean beyond anything I've ever seen in a hotel. The sauna, hot tub and pool were immaculate and the best ones I've ever experienced. The price is great. The staff is helpful and friendly (even those that couldn't speak English had a smile even if they couldn't understand you). The washer and dryer were so great to have. The wireless internet was a plus. The refrigerator, microwave, hairdryers were all pluses. The complimentary orange peel water is a nice treat to try. I can't say enough good about this place or the people. I wish I could always have them around to when I need a place to stay while I'm on the road. So treat yourself to a great little stay at the First Inn in Pagosa Springs, CO if ever you should pass through there (make sure Gloria is the General Manager since she was the captain of the ship when I stayed there)...it was so good I went back a week later and the level of everything was as it was on the first stay.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank flippinrph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
USA
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Not a bad motel. Its cheap (we paid $75 tax included), quiet and has an excellent sauna. This is not a luxury hotel, just a clean quiet place to sleep.

One bad note is our 2 yo daughter saw the pool and got excited but they have an "ABSOLUTLEY NO DIAPERS" sign on the pool which I interpreted to include swim diapers.

I would also second Kips (closeby) for tacos, its good.

• Stayed August 2008
Telluride, Colorado
Reviewed December 13, 2007

First Inn of Pagosa is easy to find and located within walking distance to many good eateries, shops and activities. The river runs right behind the Inn and there is a river walkway you can stroll. The staff we're pleasent and happy to inform of restaurants (try Kips, great tacos one block from Inn) and any other questions I had. There is a dry sauna, hot tub and indoor pool, great for kids and for after a day of skiing at Wolf Creek, which received 124" of snow in seven days just before I arrived. The rooms are standard, clean and comfy, a big plus is that ALL THE ROOMS HAVE AIR CONDITIONING. The room also had a coffee maker, microwave and small refrigerator.
The feeling I got at the Inn was a kind of "my house is your house" mood. They have laundry machines in a common area, they also have a nice waiting room with a gas fire place. The continental breakfast is just that, continental, it's not a full breakfast, but it's enough to get you going.
First Inn you've got my stamp of approval, thanks for the nice visit!

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness & Staff
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank iBike
Colorado
Reviewed November 5, 2007

This hotel, despite the other review, was just what I was looking for. It was immaculate and had a host of amenities that other hotels in Pagosa Springs who charge the same price don't. In-room fridges, microwaves, coffee makers, hairdryers, and an awesome pool room with sauna and hot tub made me extremely comfortable during my stay. I thought The front desk people were knowledgeable and personable and always greeted you when you came in like you were home. I will definitely be back and I will recommend this to everyone who is going to Pagosa!

• Liked — The staff and the location.
  • Disliked — The sub-standard continental breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank applesause13
Boulder, CO
Reviewed April 15, 2007

Room and hotel on the low side of average. Clean enough but cracks in sink, burned out light bulbs, cigarette burns gave this place a sleazy feel. Good location, full of skiers, below average continental breakfast. Worst was the price $75 AAA, should have been $50.

1 Thank lesbriggs