“Yummy goodness!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Excellent mexican food - I would highly recommend the Pilewski tacos - barbacoa and incredible green chile make it an amazing dish. The staff is very nice, esp. considering how busy they always are. Popular place, and with good reason.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed September 9, 2012

From other reviews, this looked like a decent place for some casual food and drinks. As you can see from the photo, it is not a large place. There is little parking, but I was willing to walk to get there. Once I got there, it was about half full.

After about 10 minutes of having staff first ignore me, then brush me off when I asked about getting a table, it ended with different staff pointing to each other as responsible for seating. If it is such a problem, just let customers sit where they want. Failing that, how much effort does it take to point to one of the empty tables and say: sit there? I would not go as far as to say they were openly hostile to me, just rude and unhelpful.

I can't force them to accept me as a customer, so I left. Fortunately Pagosa Springs has many places that actually serve food and drinks instead of surly attitude. Maybe abusing customers is Kip's "quirky" draw, but if you want to actually eat, you need to go someplace else.

2  Thank JollyPaul
kipspagosa, Owner at Kip's Grill and Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for your review, it is important to us. I am disappointed that you feel our staff ignored you. We take pride in our service and this is not a typical experience. Our hostess may have been seating someone on the deck outside at which time she would not have been by the front door. As far as the surly attitude goes, the staff has been addressed of the situation and knows this is not acceptable. I apologize for your wait and confusion with the seating arrangements. I hope that next time you come through Pagosa you will visit us again and get to experience the food and drink.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

A funky little spot on the main drag. Try the patio and have the fish tacos or the shrimp tacos. Great food and a resonable price.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Everything. The place is unique and the experience is always top notch for the very hungry and/or the weary, needing a lift. The drinks are good and the staff seem to reach for the stars in the service they offer. The cooks must be dedicated to good food, 'cause we've never had a "fair" meal at KIPS!

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Place packed, but we were seated quickly live music on deck was a treat. Food good and plenty. Servers friendly and attentive. U should go here.