“Love this Place!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
“Love this Place!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We were in kips a couple weeks ago and had a Great time! We went in on a Friday early afternoon thinking it wouldnt be to busy ...WE WERE WRONG!! This place was packed to the max, we wanted to sit and enjoy the patio but there was of course a wait so we sat at the bar. The bartender was a young pretty collage looking student that looked as if she had been bartending longer then she has been alive! She had it down, and was moving so fast and doing so many things at once we were getting tired for her! (Very Impresive) We enjoyed a great meal, i had the shrimp tacos AND the stuffed green chili app OMG so so good! We will defidently be back for More and hope to sit at the bar again and enjoy the employees bright smiles again !

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best service we've had in Colorado”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Kip's sits right on the main drag just to the East of the "downtown" area with a very large patio - great for summer trips, not so sure about winter! Very large portions on their taco plates really shocked my wife and I, so much so we couldn't even finish our meals. Nice selection on the rest of the menu and even on the kids menu. Colorado craft beer on tap and locals at the bar make this a must stop while in Pagosa Springs.

Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Our expectations were high, only to be blown out of the sky in firey failure!”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My wife and I went to Pagosa Springs for our one year anniversary. We arrived in town and decided to try Kip's based on the reviews from this site and urbanspoon. The place was busy and we took that as a good sign. They had a live musician that night so we wanted to sit outside and enjoy the view plus some music. We waited about 45 minutes for an outdoor table. Finally we were seated and and nice waitress promptly took our drink order. I ordered the Esteban Special and my wife ordered the Fish tacos based on recommendations from other reviews. After an acceptable wait our main dishes arrived. My wife's three fish tacos were served on a paper plate while mine were wrapped up in foil?! Come on, I know this place is laid back but, its not a grungy taco truck. Get some real plates! So I was pretty hungry and bit into my Esteban special surprised to find a slice of kraft single American cheese product with some chewy steak and a bit of hot sauce...needles to say I was very disappointed. This seems like something I would have made in college when money was tight. My wife's fish tacos looked nice but she was also highly disappointed. The fish was completely tasteless and the Avocado slices we paid extra for were bland...I suppose it was not ripe. I can't understand why this place seems so loved. The food was not disgusting, but it was bad enough to make sure we avoid this place next time in town. The only good things were the friendly staff and the nice atmosphere.

2 Thank AtomicFoodie
Dallas, Texas
“Decent food for a bar-not mexican”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Attracted by decent sized outdoor patio hoping it was dog friendly-Wrong. Seated inside with bikers, locals, tourists, and families. Food came quick on the paper plates and plastic-ware mentioned. Decent elk burger and fish tacos..and other items appeared decent. This is definitely NOT Mexican or Tex-Mex, as some reviews mentioned.

boomerrang
“Over Priced, generic frozen food.”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We had good service and the atmosphere was fine. My mother and I split an elk burger and al pastor tacos (on special). The tacos were cold and the shells were overcooked. The burger: a frozen stamped out patty that was charred and gristley. Everything was nickel and dimed, it just felt like a desperate attempt of a restaurant. Even the bottled Bohemia was stale.

2 Thank boomerrang