“Best Hot Springs in Colorado”

The Springs Resort & Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A family-friendly hot springs resort in the heart of Pagosa Springs Colorado. Offering 23 individual soaking pools of varying temperatures terraced along the banks of the beautiful San Juan River. 100% naturally therapeutic mineral water. All our pools are fed by the Guinness record holder for the World's Deepest Geothermal Hot Spring. Included are a swimming pool, wading pool for the tots, waterfall and jetted tubs. Our Bath House is open to the public year-round and offers changing rooms, lockers, showers, and gift shop. Hours: 7AM - 11PM Clothing mandatory. Lodging and full service spa available on-site, our hotel guests have 24-hour soaking privileges.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We like to soak and have been to many Hot Springs in Colorado. This one is First Class. It has numerous pools from about 95 deg to the Lobster Pot which is 110 deg. There is a private adults only area which is very quiet and as a couple that do not like noisy kids, we really appreciate that. We must note that there were very few children anywhere when we were there. The place was almost spotless and extremely well maintained. It looked like they continually drained and cleaned the pools so every one was cleaned every week. There are also numerous chaise lounges and chairs around the pools and even towel racks where you can hang your robes and towels by every pool. Some of them are even heated.

SpringsMgmt, Public Relations Manager at The Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you for your glowing review of our family-owned resort Bath House. It is of utmost importance to The Springs Resort & Spa to make every visit a positive experience for all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for The Springs Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I did enjoy this place, but because we were traveling with a 9 mo old baby and I wasn't comfortable taking her into any pool over 100 degrees, we felt very limited here and a little bored. I was able to take my baby in the larger pool (which is really just a regular old warm pool and not worth the entrance fees) and two of the twenty something smaller hot tub pools ( a 96 and a 99). However we were also with our 3 & 6 yr old boys and they loved it. We stayed until dark and still had trouble getting them out of there. They played for hours in "The Crick", a small 96 tub right on the rivers edge. So you can still have fun here with young kids but I think it could be a lot more enjoyable with older kids (at least for the parents :)) As a comparison, we all went to Glenwood Springs and Ouray hot springs and enjoyed them more because we were all able to spend the time together in the main area, below 100. Hope that helps!

1  Thank rdolear
SpringsMgmt, Public Relations Manager at The Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Springs Resort. We'd like to thank you for your feedback and we hope you consider joining us again soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This Review is for the Springs - as a Day visitor (not the resort/hotel).

We stayed in a VRBO property in Pagosa Springs for Spring break and debated whether to spend the $35 (.?) per person to soak in the Hot Springs. As a family of 4, our bill would have been over $140 or so - for a couple of hours. When the kids decided they had no interest in going, my husband and I decided we needed to give it a try.

For our "silver vip" package, we were given a locker and a towel. In hindsite, really neither were needed as it would have been very easy to carry a backpack from tub to tub. However, it was definitely key to have access to the Adults only tubs as the other tubs were very crowded and the pool was full of splashing kids.

The smell was overpowering to my husband, but I was congested, so it did not bother me. I enjoyed the experience and am glad I did it. It was nice & relaxing.

Practical Info:
* if you have only one towel or robe, it will get wet, so this means as you move from tub to tub, you are putting on a (VERY COLD) wet towel. I wish there was a way to dry/warm the towels while you are soaking.
* there is no staff/service - so if you want a drink, you need to get out of the tub, and walk to the self-service bar.
* Be prepared for crowds (but we went 4-6PM during Spring break - so probably not the norm)
* Shower area isn't really that nice, so no reason to shower there if your hotel/condo is nearby.
* It seemed that people had no problems brining in coolers/bags of their own food/drinks -- but we didn't try , so I can't confirm that

1  Thank MD_Girl_in_TX

We're glad you enjoyed the therapeutic mineral water soaking pools. While the mineral-rich waters from the Pagosa "Mother Spring" are very therapeutic, there is a high sulfur content, which has a 'unique' smell. But, if you can get past the odd smell, the therapeutic effects are great, if you'd like to find out more about the 13 naturally occurring minerals found in the geothermal waters, we have details about each on our website.We'd like to thank you for your feedback and we hope you consider joining us again soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I love the experience of the Springs every year when we visit Pagosa. The healing waters feel great, and the whole place is set up to make everything so easy for you - they even sell swimsuits in the lobby if you forgot yours! I love that they added a real bar this year (the "Canteen") - it made the soaking even more relaxing :-)

It's pricey, but so worth it - don't go the cheap route. Pay for the experience, you won't regret it! And get there before sunset if you can - the view of the river and springs is just gorgeous.

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit! We're glad you enjoyed the therapeutic mineral water at The Springs Resort. The Canteen is now open year round, serving food and drinks! We strive to be competitive to comparable natural hot spring resorts and offer special soaking packages that have discounted perks, such as plush robes. We'd like to thank you for your feedback and we hope you consider joining us again soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough about how wonderful this place is! After completely failing Sunday snowboarding we went to the Springs. When we got there I could barely walk because I was SO sore and bruised from snowboarding; when we left I felt amazing. I wasn't nearly as sore or exhausted. We bought week passes and have gone every night. I suggest bringing in some water or something to drink because you can easily get dehydrated and thirsty.

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Springs Resort! We're glad you enjoyed the therapeutic mineral water after a long day of snowboarding. We absolutely recommend staying hydrated when soaking, especially after such a work out. We'd like to thank you for your review and we hope you consider joining us again soon!