“One Amazing Staff Member”

The Springs Resort & Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A family-friendly hot springs resort in the heart of Pagosa Springs Colorado. Offering 23 individual soaking pools of varying temperatures terraced along the banks of the beautiful San Juan River. 100% naturally therapeutic mineral water. All our pools are fed by the Guinness record holder for the World's Deepest Geothermal Hot Spring. Included are a swimming pool, wading pool for the tots, waterfall and jetted tubs. Our Bath House is open to the public year-round and offers changing rooms, lockers, showers, and gift shop. Hours: 7AM - 11PM Clothing mandatory. Lodging and full service spa available on-site, our hotel guests have 24-hour soaking privileges.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Hastings, Minnesota
“One Amazing Staff Member”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We did not stay at the springs but we did take a day to visit the tubs. When we entered the lady standing behind the counter completely ignored us. Another young lady gladly helped us and gave us the rundown on prices and packages. They were a little pricey but we expected that visiting a resort we were not guests at. We purchased a silver package. This gave us access to 23 pools, a towel and a locker. We were happy with that. While in the locker room we could hear everything being said at the front. A staff member was sharing a quite personal story about her love life that shouldn't be shared period much less at work! Upon leaving we asked to speak to a supervisor and wouldn't you know it the rude obnoxious over sharer was the one. DISAPPOINTING! Now you may be wondering why I am offering a rating of very good... the young lady that helped us at the start continued to be of assistance all day. While walking around, Christian noticed our towels were slightly wet. She gladly picked them up and brought us fresh ones (we never even left our tub!!) Along with fresh towels she brought us each a bottle of water. What started out as what seemed to be a waste of money became a wonderful stop that we will visit again. Thank you Christian for turning that around for us. A truly amazing young lady with a bright future in customer service.

SpringsMgmt, Public Relations Manager at The Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
It means a lot to the owners and management to have feedback on the areas where we can improve our accommodations and service. We have done additional customer service training and met with all of our staff regarding appropriate work conversations due to your less than excellent experience at The Springs Resort Bathhouse. We'd like to thank you for taking the time to review your visit and giving us the opportunity to correct our mistakes to make every future experience excellent!

Denver
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful place, well worth the money!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We didn't stay at the resort hotel. We were there just to enjoy the spa and hot springs and it did not disappoint! There are other places that also offer hot springs in Pagosa Springs but this is the biggest and best and yes you will pay more than others but it is well worth it. There are about 20 pools of varying temperatures and you are able to go from one place to the next and each one has a distinct view. There are several pass levels - you can choose from the most basic to a VIP one that allows for more privileges like towels (you have to bring your own otherwise) and repeated returning if you leave the facility.

If you get a chance, walk across the bridge to the most secluded hot spa and look in the water as you walk across the bridge... there are gold fish living in there! That was our favorite one due to the secludedness of it but they all were great. Look at the sign to see what the temp is before jumping in! Our ideal temp was ~100 degrees. The kids loved the swimming pool and we spent a good amount of time in there but if you go there after coming from a warmer pool, you'll regret it! :)

I would also highly recommend bringing flip flops. They do sell them there for a reasonable price if you forget. Bring your own towels to save $ or if you don't have nice big, pool ones, rent them there. They also have locker rentals in each of the shower rooms.

We also were able to bring food and drinks into the resort. The only restrictions are no alcohol and glass. They provide nice pool-side tables and chairs and we did not have a problem finding one although it was the middle of winter so outdoor tables weren't in demand!

Bring your own shampoo/soap so you can rinse and wash afterwards. Their showers have warm water that didn't take forever to get warm.

Overall we all loved it (2 adults and 2 kids in elementary school) and would go back if we were in the area next time.

Thank you for your glowing review of our family-owned resort Bath House. It is of utmost importance to The Springs Resort & Spa to make every stay a positive experience for all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Salon - Great Experience”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I currently live in Pagosa Springs and have visited many salons in the area. I finally visited The Springs Salon yesterday for a hair cut. I was able to get in on the same day as requested. The staff was very helpful and friendly, including the Spa Manager who met me at the front desk, listed to my needs, and made sure my visit was great, explaining many of their services, etc. Angie was the stylist that cut my hair and I loved the cut. It is definitely the best hair cut I've received in the city. Angie was careful to actually listen to me while I explained what I wanted and expected and she didn't let me down! I've finally found my local salon! Thanks so much for a great experience!

Visited January 2014
SpringsMgmt, Public Relations Manager at The Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your glowing review of our family-owned resort salon. It is of utmost importance to The Springs Resort & Spa that every guest have a positive experience at our salon and spa. Your kind words have been passed on to our staff at the salon and spa. We can't wait to see you again soon!
Long Beach
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wonderful relaxation in winter cold”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This review is for day use only; we stayed in a local motel and went to the springs for about 4 hours. There are 18 different pools with temperatures of each clearly marked; it is right on the river (which had ice in it, brrrr!) and while clearly marked to go into it at your own risk, many people were taking a dip into the river then running into a hotsprings pool to warm up. The service at the front desk was not very helpful, but adequate and relatively quick. The dressing rooms were clean when I was there, with showers and lockers for rent. I rented a robe to wear between pools; it was unnecessary and actually got too damp from the moisture. I do wish we had brought flip-flops; it was so cold outside and my feet were so cold it was painful to walk between pools. That said, the pools felt wonderful! My kids (11 and 12) had a blast relaxing, and my husband and I were so blissed out we could hardly drive back to our motel. There was basic snack foods and drinks (alcohol and non-alcohol) available for a relatively reasonable price. Be prepared, my bathing suit smelled of sulphur for days afterwards, despite washing twice, which is expected, but you might not want to bring an expensive designer suit if you are sensitive to things like that. All said, we would definitely come back, but wish it was a bit cheaper and the service was more professional. We stayed at a local motel and the general consensus at the pools was that the rooms at the resort were way overpriced for what they were. Despite all the flaws, I wish it were closer as it was very enjoyable and relaxing!

Visited December 2013
Thank you for reviewing our family-owned resort hotel. It is of utmost importance to The Springs Resort & Spa to make every stay a positive experience for all of our guests. We do suggest shoes in the winter months and offer very inexpensive flip-flops on-site should you forget yours next time. To get the sulfur smell out of clothing and towels you can add a cup of white vinegar and a half cup of baking soda to your regular wash. We'd like to thank you for your feedback and we hope you consider joining us again!
Hamburg, Germany
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Pure relaxation”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

4 hours of full relaxation enjoying 18 different pools. For 5$ more you can enjoy kids free pools but since vacation time is over it was more than nice using the 18 pools only. Temperature of the pools varies and with sunshine we unfortunately got sunburned but hey, we've hat a great day. They do now also serve food (basic stuff) and a selection of non- and alcoholic drinks so you don't have to bring your own. Totally recommend going to the Hot Springs - best Spa experience for a long time.

Thank you for reviewing our family-owned hot spring resort and spa. It is of utmost importance to The Springs Resort & Spa to make every stay a positive experience for all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!