“A great mini-vacation!”

The Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on Jan. 22. We were impressed. The staff was fantastic - especially Diana. She even took us on a tour of the property. We stayed in a king suite in the newer hotel. It was so comfortable. The robes they provide are great especially when you get out of the pools. What a great choice of temperatures in the pools 101 was our favorite! Although the town is visible, some of the pools have infinity edges overlooking the river. There was a light dusting of snow. It was so pretty and relaxing. We used the pools in the late afternoon which was perfect. In the evening, it was extremely cold; therefore, there was so much steam you could hardly see in front of you. In the "adult" area, there are even towel/robe warmers which really helped when you got out of the pool. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Be sure to check if they are running any special offers.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,655)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A great value and a romantic getaway for couples. Our king deluxe room was spacious and clean, with a mini-fridge, coffee maker and free coffee. The Web site photos make it look more luxurious than it is. The room was basic but just fine and close to the hot springs pools. The water felt fabulous. However, several pools were full of many (very) large drifting hair balls and other unsavory stuff that I shall not describe. We noticed a staff member cleaning one pool, so we jumped into that one as soon as he was finished and it was great! Another smaller issue: The hotel clerk had said we could get towels and robes in the pool house but the staff member there said, no, hotel guests get only towels, no robes unless you pay extra. We had a wonderful, relaxing time. There are many pools, though, and we saw only a couple of grounds staff. They seemed to be really hustling to try and maintain all the pools.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank ChrisSharmaFan
SpringsMgmt, Public Relations Manager at The Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your issues at our bathhouse. It means a lot to the owners and management to have direct customer feedback on the areas where we can improve our accommodations and service. We are happy to address these types of issues immediately, if we are made aware of them.

Along those lines, did you happen to report the dirty pool to our staff at the time of your visit? If yes, do you know with whom you spoke? Please contact us at management@pagosahotsprings.com if you'd like to speak to us directly about the details of your stay with us.

All hotel guests are provided free robes in-room which may be taken with you to the pools. That said, if you arrive before check-in and want to soak you should be able to get a towel AND a robe. The management has reviewed our policy and are currently performing some "reminder" training all our staff on proper procedures.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Thank you for the great hospitality, clean rooms, and the access to the pools is unmeasurable. Front desk rocks and the people who manage the pools are doing a great job! It was our first time to have access to the private pools and they were magnificent!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I decided to check the rates here for a one night stay. I was so surprised! They were running a special for $99 if you purchase a $50 gift certificate. That included 24 hr access to the springs. They were all so nice and provided robes and towels for the springs. It was a wonderful experience and I will stay there again instead of across the street and have to purchase the springs pass seperately.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have stayed at many great hotels and resorts, but The Springs is my favorite!
Bill Whittington (the owner) is a visionary. How he has created this resort along with how environmentally friendly the new luxury suites building is, is truly amazing! Diana Hills (reservations) is amazing to work with. She helped me with my stay, guided me to the best restaurants, assisted me in their spa services, and overall made my experience like no other I have had! She is amazing! All of the front office staff and all the other employees were great as well. Any questions I had were met with a smile and an answer. I started in a King room and then moved up to a suite. Both rooms were extremely clean and well taken care of. I enjoyed them as much as the pools! The hot springs pools are the best hot springs I've ever soaked in! I love the variety of pools. There is nothing quite like sitting under the stars and rejuvenating your mind, body, and soul. The experience is like no other. I plan on going back again and again!

Room Tip: The luxury suites are worth the price.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at The Springs last night in honor of my birthday. We have lived in the area near The Springs for almost 18 years and had never been. What a waste!! Let me start of with the reservations. My husband called and spoke with a very warm engaging person, Shelly, on the phone and set up our reservation. When we walked in the lobby of The Springs and told the woman at the desk who we were, without looking at her computer, she wished me 'Happy Birthday.' This was Shelly with whom my husband had made the reservation. She then proceeded to fill us in on all the resort had to offer, made sure we had water to stay hydrated, and sent us happily out to the vast array of 21 pools in all different temperatures. Everywhere we went in the resort was immaculate and well cared for. The pools were heavenly, nice lounges to laze about on, fire pits and a great selection of 'adult only' pools. When we were thoroughly relaxed from soaking, we went back into the lobby for our key, enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate (free for guests-nice touch), then went to our room. It was in the three story new section of the resort. Beautiful atrium, all decorated for Christmas,- to me it kind of had the feel of The Brown Palace in Denver. Our very clean room was nicely appointed with sitting room (flat screen TV) coffee maker and even a kitchenette! How cool is that? Very comfortable bed (another flat screen TV on the wall), personal safe, warm bathrobes for visiting the thermal pools at night, plenty of towels in the bathroom. The staff overall here are warm, attentive and a great reflection on the overall management of this property. Have I already told friends and family about this place? You bet. Would I stay here again? In a heartbeat. This place is great AND a great value for the money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ColoradoTraveler052
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have stayed at some very amazing hotels/resorts, but our experience at The Springs Resort and Spa was incomparable. From the luxurious rooms, to the soothing hot spring pools, to the non-stop help and support from the staff, namely manager, Cheyenne, our time there could not have been better. It's not difficult to find a luxurious hotel, but to find one so "Colorado entrenched," complete with the most amazing service imaginable...well, that IS rare.
We highly recommend a stay at this stunning Eden. And give our best to Cheyenne for helping make our stay completely memorable.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to upgrade. Cheyenne really worked with us, and the upgrade was crazy worth it...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple