“Love the experience!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Creede, colorado
“Love the experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Thank you for the great hospitality, clean rooms, and the access to the pools is unmeasurable. Front desk rocks and the people who manage the pools are doing a great job! It was our first time to have access to the private pools and they were magnificent!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I decided to check the rates here for a one night stay. I was so surprised! They were running a special for $99 if you purchase a $50 gift certificate. That included 24 hr access to the springs. They were all so nice and provided robes and towels for the springs. It was a wonderful experience and I will stay there again instead of across the street and have to purchase the springs pass seperately.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Taos, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have stayed at many great hotels and resorts, but The Springs is my favorite!
Bill Whittington (the owner) is a visionary. How he has created this resort along with how environmentally friendly the new luxury suites building is, is truly amazing! Diana Hills (reservations) is amazing to work with. She helped me with my stay, guided me to the best restaurants, assisted me in their spa services, and overall made my experience like no other I have had! She is amazing! All of the front office staff and all the other employees were great as well. Any questions I had were met with a smile and an answer. I started in a King room and then moved up to a suite. Both rooms were extremely clean and well taken care of. I enjoyed them as much as the pools! The hot springs pools are the best hot springs I've ever soaked in! I love the variety of pools. There is nothing quite like sitting under the stars and rejuvenating your mind, body, and soul. The experience is like no other. I plan on going back again and again!

Room Tip: The luxury suites are worth the price.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bayfield, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at The Springs last night in honor of my birthday. We have lived in the area near The Springs for almost 18 years and had never been. What a waste!! Let me start of with the reservations. My husband called and spoke with a very warm engaging person, Shelly, on the phone and set up our reservation. When we walked in the lobby of The Springs and told the woman at the desk who we were, without looking at her computer, she wished me 'Happy Birthday.' This was Shelly with whom my husband had made the reservation. She then proceeded to fill us in on all the resort had to offer, made sure we had water to stay hydrated, and sent us happily out to the vast array of 21 pools in all different temperatures. Everywhere we went in the resort was immaculate and well cared for. The pools were heavenly, nice lounges to laze about on, fire pits and a great selection of 'adult only' pools. When we were thoroughly relaxed from soaking, we went back into the lobby for our key, enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate (free for guests-nice touch), then went to our room. It was in the three story new section of the resort. Beautiful atrium, all decorated for Christmas,- to me it kind of had the feel of The Brown Palace in Denver. Our very clean room was nicely appointed with sitting room (flat screen TV) coffee maker and even a kitchenette! How cool is that? Very comfortable bed (another flat screen TV on the wall), personal safe, warm bathrobes for visiting the thermal pools at night, plenty of towels in the bathroom. The staff overall here are warm, attentive and a great reflection on the overall management of this property. Have I already told friends and family about this place? You bet. Would I stay here again? In a heartbeat. This place is great AND a great value for the money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ColoradoTraveler052
Ouray, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have stayed at some very amazing hotels/resorts, but our experience at The Springs Resort and Spa was incomparable. From the luxurious rooms, to the soothing hot spring pools, to the non-stop help and support from the staff, namely manager, Cheyenne, our time there could not have been better. It's not difficult to find a luxurious hotel, but to find one so "Colorado entrenched," complete with the most amazing service imaginable...well, that IS rare.
We highly recommend a stay at this stunning Eden. And give our best to Cheyenne for helping make our stay completely memorable.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to upgrade. Cheyenne really worked with us, and the upgrade was crazy worth it...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ouraymainstreet... O
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were fortunate enough to stay here for the last night of a two week road trip. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. And Cleanliness is next to godliness throughout all facilities. Although we had the least expensive room, it was perfect for us. We could park the car right outside the door and it was a very short walk to the pools. The pools are beautiful. They are situated on multi-levels descending to the river, each pool's temperature is clearly marked. Everyone will find the perfect pool. Because the hot springs are open 24 hours, we didn't have to rush our evening to take a soak. And a soak in these beautiful hot spring pools rejuvenate my spirit and body.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sue G
Edgewood, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We normally visit The Springs Resort & Spa 2 to 3 times a year. It feels like a home away from home. All employees are good at what they do but a few are outstanding at giving you a warm welcome upon arrival. Tony Rivera & Shelly Roman are always glad to see you and go out of their way to ensure they have not just satisfied but happy customers. I have never heard a negative word from them about anything. The bartender (Wendy) is more than a bartender. She is a real sweetheart for customer satisfaction. Also never a negative word from her and if she gets an out of the way request, she trys her darndest to fulfill it. Just a few reasons why we return as often as we do besides the great soaking and marvelous views.

Room Tip: The 2 new buildings have small refrigerators and microwaves and are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple