“Super experience, relaxing hot springs”

The Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Madison
“Super experience, relaxing hot springs”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hot springs are all outstanding. You only need to determine your favorite temperature to begin relaxing and enjoying the healing experience of the hot springs. If this one isn't on your bucket list then it's time for an update.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Edgewood, New Mexico
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I've been going to Pagosa to soak for over 13 years and plan on going for as long as possible. Not only do I get the benefit from the healing waters, but I enjoy the Resort and the many professional and friendly staff that work there. In fact, I consider many of them my distant 'family'. The Resort itself is quite comfortable and elegant without making someone feel out of place. Go,and take in the beautiful mountains and sparkling stars while soaking your aches and pains away!!!

Room Tip: The mid sized rooms allow for a small kitchenette which is great for eating options.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vic w
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

We are a young couple who usually tents but when we saw the springs we couldn't resist! The staff was extremely friendly and the rooms were clean and nice. We got a two double bed room for $130. The price was initially $199 but they dropped it last minute for some reason? The hot springs are the nicest I have ever seen and we have done a lot of hot springs all over the Rocky Mountains. The scenery and landscape was awesome! I dont know that we would have paid the original $199 but at $130 it was a steal!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed July 2, 2012

OK, if you're going to New Mexico and you're thinking of going without food, a map, a cell with Verizon coverage and a GPS FORGET IT! I got seriously lost on the way from Albuqueque to Taos and ended up here at 1 am! I couldn't begin to tell you how nice they were, how they printed out directions at 1 am for me to find Taos the next day and loaned me a clean bathing suit the next am for me to take a nice dip in these healing springs. Going to write a song about this place. I have never been more terrified about getting lost in my life and woke up to healing springs, nice smiling faces and just a heavenly place! I never would have come here if I hadn't gotten lost so I think it was meant to be. Have arthritis and I felt so much better after a one hour soak in the tub in the shade. Be sure to bring your sunscreen! Peace and Love!

Room Tip: It just looks like heaven here. If you're handicapped or have a hard time walking ask for a room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
lantana
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The springs resort is a family friendly resort. They do everything possible to make your stay memorable. The pools are wonderful, the atmosphere restful and for access to activities outside the resort the staff will assist on scheduling or getting directions to. They provide as many towels as you need, nice robes to go to the pools and whether you want hot or warm soak in the tubs of natural mineral spring water or a cool pool all is available to you 24 hrs a day.The rooms are comfortable and the staff is quick to respond to any special requests that you have. We are yearly visitors to this resort and can't think of a better place to go and RELAX. My children start asking when we are going back as soon as we leave and talk about returning all year.There is no restaurant on the property but there are many local restaurants to chose from some within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Colrado
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Springs Resort is in a beautiful location, right along the San Juan River as it flows through the old town of Pagosa Springs. The hot pools are great and some of them have a great view of the river and/or surrounding hills. Temperatures ranged from around 98 (a nice soak) to 112 (too hot for me!), with many on either the low or high end of the spectrum, but only a few tended to be in my personal sweet spot of 103-105 and some of those were a little green from algae. The pool was at about 86.

Our room was very spacious and decently furnished. It could have used a good chair to complement the couch. The bed was pretty hard, but OK. TV was old style - not HD. Had some issues with the toilet not refilling, but not big deal. "Cold" tap water was quite warm. Again, not a big deal. The room was quiet and comfortable and they provided plenty of good, clean towels and some nice robes for walking to the tubs.

Overall, everything was fine... just not as good as I expected given the $250/night that it cost to stay there.

Though we were concerned about it before coming to the resort last weekend (22-23 June), the Little Sand wildfire near the Piedra River was NOT causing any smoke issues in town.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room away from the pools and the main road, on an upper floor. Also...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ColradoWeatherguy
SpringsMgmt, Public Relations Manager at The Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our family-owned resort hotel. We're glad you enjoyed the therapeutic mineral water soaking pools. We strive to be competitive to comparable natural hot spring resorts and offer all hotel guests many additional perks. It is of utmost importance to The Springs Resort & Spa to make every stay a positive experience for all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Fontana, California, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The scenery around the hot springs is beautiful and well worth the money, very cheap by the way! The staff is very nice and helpful too. I got a pedicure and it was a bit pricey, $45 and within two days all the paint was chipping off. Whenever I get pedicures they last for months, that is my only complaint and would not reccomend getting it done there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple