“Nice outdoor patio, gooood burgers”
Review of Bear Creek Saloon and Grill - CLOSED

Bear Creek Saloon and Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good assortment of tap beers, green chile and jalapeño cream cheese burgers outstanding! Great luncheon stop on your pagosa tour and live music weekends.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I ate at Bear Creek today for an early lunch. When we got in, we were told to sit anywhere, so we sat in the dining room instead of the bar area, and we were the only ones in that section of the restaurant. Our server asked for our drink order and brought them to us quickly. She gave us a few minutes to peruse the menu and when she came back I asked about a chicken sandwich that used to be on the menu but is no longer available. I switched my choice to the Cali burger which had onion and guacamole and my husband got the Hickory burger which had ham and BBQ sauce on it. We split our burgers and I was truly surprised that I loved my husband's pick so much more than my own choice. For a quiet little place to eat lunch and to watch games in the evening, this is your place. However, I do imagine that the place gets packed in the winter after everyone gets down from the slopes.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stopped in twice while in Pagosa Springs. The food was really good especially the nachos (huge nachos) and the green chili burgers. They have a lot of flat screens and one super screen so games are easy to watch.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I tried the garden burger, which only came with a small bag of potato chips. I had hoped I could swap these artery cloggers for something healthier, like some cole slaw or something, but no dice. Side dishes are available, but pretty pricey; a sandwich and one side will end up around 12 bucks, unless you go for the garden burger and a side, which is a little cheaper. I enjoyed sitting outdoors, and the indoor area is super dark and stinks like beer, so outdoors it was. The garden burger was hot at least, but pretty thin, and a bit greasy. I guess it was cooked in the same pan and grease as all the animal burgers, which didn't bother me terribly, but probably wouldn't appeal to some folks. But the afternoon was a breezy beauty of a fall day, so even mediocre food didn't spoil it.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We ate there early afternoon so they were not real busy however this also mean less staff available to wait on you. Even with the less staff our service was reasonable and the food served quickly. We ordered the Reuben sandwich that comes with chips. I ordered onion rings that were absolutely great. The sandwiches are large so come hungry. I have eaten many Reuben sandwiches are these were some of the best I have ever tasted.