“I don't get the accolades”

Boss Hogg's Restaurant & Saloon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was okay. A long way out of town and we had a 45-minute wait. The BBQ chicken seemed doused in ready-made sauce and the brisket was dry and also bathed in sauce. The fries were good, though. Not great, but good enough.

I don't know whether there are better places to eat in Pagosa, but I can tell you there are better ways to spend your time

There are newer reviews for Boss Hogg's Restaurant & Saloon

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We arrived at the restaurt at 5:40 with a party of 12 checked at the reception stand telling them we could split up in any combinations that worked for them the person ( a young girl) checking us in noted that we would split up on the waiting list and estimated the wait time to be 40 minutes. After being there about a hour ( we could see the some of the seating area) we saw a table for 4 and a table for 8 leaving. A party of 8 came in (one of the members of my party held the door for them) of course we talked to them in the waiting area they were like us i mean they didn' t call ahead or have reservations they told us. The 4 top and 8 top left a party of 4 was seated at that table and the party of 8 (i just mentioned) was called and were seated at 8 top table. When we saw this we went to the receptionist (this time an older lady) and ask why we didn't get those two tables. She said that they couldn't seat a party of 12 and it would be another hour pr more. We said we told you we checked in we would split up (she became really loud and even more rude) saying we did not say that (EVEN THOUGH it was written on the waiting list) We ask to speak to a manager she then very LOUDLY says you can go somewhere else we can't seat you. I have never written a review before but unless she is the owner (and I'd she is this place won't be here long) I know if I was I would want to know how my customers were being received and treated. This lady is defiantly in the wrong business !!!
While we waited there were several times that she had rude totally unprofessional issues with customers I would happy to share if manage is interested.

1  Thank 131,415
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were traveling through New Mexico and happened upon this unique restaurant. It was clean, new, and so good. I had a taste for ribs, but I am quite picky as I expect them to fall off the bones and be tender. The ribs were nothing short of the best ribs ever and the sauce was perfect. Our party also order chicken breast with vegetable, and seafood Alfredo. All the meals came with a salad bar. The salad bar was well stocked, had a wide variety of choices and came with two soup options. I liked that the salad bar had fruit, vegetables, and pudding with plenty of dressing and toppings (croutons, sesame seeds, cranberries, and so on). The soups were cream of potato and chili--both options were just right (not too salty or spicy). We also shared a dessert--the coconut cream pie. It was heavenly. This is a great place to stop if you are passing through. We were very hungry and our meals were served quickly and the cost was great as well. We all recommend Boss Hogg!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I ordered the chicken fryed steak with mashed potaotes, it took for ever toget our order and when we finally did get our order the only thing warm was the gravy. Dont wast your time or money going to this place to eat

1  Thank dtmk
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I am so glad we went to this place despite the negative reviews I had read! This is a family friendly restaurant with very reasonable prices! We all had steak, a side dish, and yummy bread brought to the table. Most of the dinners also include a salad AND soup! The only negative is they no longer sale the T-shirts that the waitresses were wearing! I would've loved one!