“My first choice”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Love the food and ambiance. Easy to get a good table for any size group. Good steaks, salad bar and other regular type food for the whole family.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My daughter and I were on our way from Alamosa to Cortez and it was time to get gas and have lunch. She was hoping for one of the "healthy" options in Pagosa Springs, but one was closed on Mondays and the other closed for spring cleaning. So we went to Boss Hogg's. Our lunch was just fine. Fried chicken was the special and it's a weakness of mine. I ordered it, but mentioned that I really preferred dark meat and Kelly immediately offered to make it two darks instead of one white and one dark. I haven't been anywhere with black-eyed peas on the menu in probably forever so I ordered them and cole slaw. The black-eyed peas were scrumptious though I had to leave behind a pile of bacon -- it was good, but too much. My health conscious daughter helped by eating some. :) The fried chicken was perfect. My daughter had the salad bar with fried chicken strips. I was jealous of the salad bar variety. Everything was fresh also. We ended up being very happy that the other two restaurants were closed.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We dined here two years ago, loved it then, disappointed now...

Salad bar was "wilted", food average or below average, service (maybe because of shift change) below standards... won't be returning...
The Louisiana cooking influence has disappeared I think this place is headed to RESTAURANT IMPOSSIBLE status...

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We were visiting Pagosa Springs a few weeks back, traveling from Dallas, and was not impressed with the food at Boss Hoggs. When in Pagosa Springs, we usually grocery shop and cook at the house, but this trip we had one night free to eat out. We looked up Boss Hoggs and decided to to go there.

All around, we were not impressed. It looked like the sea food was good, but my BBQ combination plate really let me down. Wasn't impressed with the spare ribs nor the chicken; it was the driest chicken I think I've ever had and I've grilled some pretty dry chicken myself.

Next time we are in Pagosa Spings we will make sure not to fancy Boss Hoggs again. We'll just plan on cooking all meals at the house

Reviewed March 31, 2013

You get a lot of food for the money here, so it was good for feeding teenage boys. The entrees come with soup and salad bar, plus two side dishes. Unfortunatley, the food is just ok. The steak was low quality and the chicken breast was overcooked and dry. The Alfredo was just ok. The salad bar and soup were fresh and tasty.

What made this place great was JASON...our server! He was amazing! Thanks Jason!