Tripadvisor

“Mostly good ”

The Buck Stops Here
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

You can pick your meat from a cooler and have it cooked the way you like. One of us had prime rib and it came out excellent. We also had an elk burger that was also very good. The cheese fries were OK, seemed like it was just a pinch of cheese on them, they was not very good don’t be cheap about it, if it’s that big a deal charge .50 more cents

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (307)

Reviewed November 18, 2019

If you go here you will spend a lot of money off an a la cart menu. And, plan on 2 hours. They don't have enough staff. The BBQ sandwich was meh. There was a lot of meat, but it wasn't seasoned and the sauce had very little flavor. And, the salad that we had came out without meat (ordered) and just lettuce. No salad dressing? What? Quality check individual was off that day. I spent $50 on a Cesar Salad, BBQ sandwich, onion rings (which were ok), a cocktail and dessert. LUNCH should not be $50. Not impressed, won't go back.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 13, 2019

Slow slow service. They say they cook everything fresh so be patient. I ordered a simple BLT. Bread was toasted almost burndt. Bacon almost broke my teeth. Boyfriends sausage dog was overdosed with mustard. Soup was horrible. Again, if you are in a hurry go somewhere else. Overpriced too!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 7, 2019 via mobile

Service was slow, waitress was no where to be seen. Bartender waited on us. Ordered a rare roast beef and club sandwich. Bread was extremely dry, almost stale. Was told it was supposed to be. Husband said club was good. Roast beef was good, but definitely wasn’t rare. I’d sat it was medium.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 23, 2019 via mobile

A stop at The Buck Stops Here is an absolute must every time I’m in Pagosa. There is always the same gentleman working the front counter and he is super friendly and enthusiastic about what they sell. I wish I had taken note of his name because he’s amazing at customer service and deserves recognition. I stopped for my usual smokehouse club sandwich and an extra to take home. This sandwich is life changing! So,so,so good! And since I always get it to go they are wonderful about packaging the bacon and aioli separately so nothing gets soggy. This sandwich is easily two meals so it is a great value.

My only complaint is that I waited an extremely long time for only two cold sandwiches. And by a long time I mean about 40 minutes...for two cold sandwiches. The gentleman at the counter said 10 minutes tops when I placed the order. I think if they run that far behind an offer of a discount or soft drink or something should be extended. In the future I will make sure to call in my order to avoid this situation again. But this one less than great experience will not deter me from returning.

Date of visit: September 2019