“Best meal we had”

Cuisines: American, Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Spent our last night here and enjoyed a very good meal with great service and entertainment. They offer an early bird dinner menu with prices half as are the portions on selected items. Good place.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

The View's special Indian food menu gave us the epicurean treat of a lifetime ! Anyone ever having the opportunity to be in Pagosa Springs MUST go the Quality Lodge where " The View " is located and enjoy first class service and world class Indian cuisine.

1  Thank Ted H
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We were vacationing here at Wyndham Pagosa Springs and WOW, never have I had both meals (mine & my fiancé) messed up at the same time. She ordered the filet mignon medium and it came out rare (the inside was not only pink, but still refrigerator cold). She also asked for no onions and not only was the onions on the top of her potatoes, they were laced throughout. All they said was "sorry", and didn't even offer to replace the potatoes, they did take the steak back to re-cook it and when they brought it back, they had replaced the potatoes with, you guessed it, potatoes with onions laced throughout.
Now, my meal (Haddock) was cooked ok, but since I didn't want the mixed vegetable medley, they offered to replace them with fries when I placed my order. Out comes my meal with the rice pilaf that amazingly looked identical to the mixed vegetable medley that I specifically asked not to have. At this point, I didn't feel like arguing about the rice/vegie mix-up . I did however get the fries which were delicious. When we got the bill, they actually charged me extra for the fries that were supposed to be in place of the veggie medley. I then complained and the waiter said it was their policy to charge extra for the substitution even though he said they would swap them when I ordered them. I probably should have called for the manager and explained that I didn’t even get the rice that I did want that was supposed to be part of my meal. I was just tired of arguing about it at that point.
I will never, never, never eat here again.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

The View restaurant is actually in the Quality hotel, but don't let that discourage you! Unfortunately for the restaurant, the neighbor behind them put up a fence cutting off the actual view. But with or without a view, this restaurant is wonderful. We visited twice during our week in Pagosa Springs. The first visit was exceptional. The waitress was very professional and the food was delicious. We did not have to wait long since we were there before the dinner rush. The tables were elegantly set and prices were reasonable. I ordered the shrimp and grits. Very tasty! We did not have sushi but heard it was good. The next time we visited, the service was not as good. The waitress seemed to be overly taxed although the restaurant didn't seem too crowded. I ordered the filet which was the most expensive item on the menu. Our food took a very long time. When I got my steak it appeared to be cooked to perfection but when I took my first bite, the meat tasted gamey. Even though we were having a difficult time on this second visit, the staff and especially the manager were very accommodating, apologetic, and really strived to please. When they offered to replace my meal, I traded for the pot roast which was delicious! This was on a Saturday and they had live music in the bar. The San Juan Mountain Boys were talented and fun! We danced the evening away! Since we weren't in a hurry, all in all, we enjoyed our visit and will definitely return!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Unbelievable - the kids menu portions were larger than the adult portions. The grandkids ordered the fish and chips, mini corn dogs and a kid's hamburger. All of them like what they were served but none of them could finish their meals.

Yummy adult fare - I had a cup of Sweet Corn Bisque with Lump Crab (awesome) and their layered Ahi Tuna Tower (even more awesome). Other adults had pork chops, blackened Mahi, and a couple of pasta dishes.

Everyone said their choices were very good but everyone agreed that my two were the best.

And the prices were quite reasonable and the portion sizes generous.

The only thing missing from The View was the view. The large windows looked out over part of a motel, abandoned lake-front town homes and a privacy fence.

1  Thank SWVagabond