“Pretty good” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pagosa Springs, CO
“Pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Nothing wrong with this place, it's the same menu as Tequila's, which is a few miles away. My favorite Mexican food in Pagosa (and Bayfield) is Chavalo's

Visited July 2012

Austin, Texas
“Food was ok but overpriced, but I would try Chatos again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

We ate here on a Monday night; it appeared only a little busy. It took a while for the hostess to appear then seat us, but she was very friendly. All of the staff were smiling and helpful - when we could find them!

I rated the food a 3 because while some dishes were great, others were awful. The complimentary chips and salsas were good - the red sauce was hot (and im from texas!) The Chile Relleno was different from the usual stuffed pepper but it was very tasty!! The tostada was fine: fresh ingredients, well spiced. The beans and rice were actually quite good. The side of green chili, however, was awful. The meat tasted old or "gone bad" - I informed the waiter so they could check on it. I only paid $2 for it, so not a great loss. The flour tortillas were ok, but pricey at $1 for three (apparently store-bought) tortillas.

Overall the dinner was good but the green chile and scarcity of staff was a detraction.

League City, Texas
“Large portions, tasted pretty good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Excellent Service. Staff is very friendly. I'm having difficulty describing the style of Mexican food. It's not really Tex-Mex and I would not consider it Authentic. We did like it. I guess the only negative is it could have been more spicy but that is an individual preference. The flavor was still good. The portions are large and could be split for those with smaller appetites. If I lived local, I would definitely go back.

• Visited June 2012
Pagosa Springs
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

The service here is great...very comfortable with the customers and know how to make you laugh. The food is so-so, but I'm from New Mexico and used to food with a little more spice. Fun atmosphere and have great margs! Go here a bit with girlfriends.

• Visited June 2012