“Nice motel 5 minutes outside of town”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We were enthusiastically greeted by the owner who offered us suggestions for dinner and ski trails at Wolf Creek. He obviously loves his facility and loves his town and the ski mountain. Our room was on the first floor and was clean with comfortable double beds, albeit the sheets were a bit starchy, but I'll take clean and starchy over dirty anyday, so that's not a complaint! The shower/bathroom area was also clean and functional. The room was slightly worn, but still well cared for and for the price, it is certainly worth your time and money for a few nights to experience the town and the skiing. The free breakfast was a nice continental breakfast with cereals, breads, muffins, oatmeal, juices and good coffee and clean dishes. Being environmentally conscious, I liked seeing the dishes and knowing the motel is willing to wash dishes as opposed to throwing more trash away.

So if you like to stay at the Marriott or Hilton, you won't be happy here, but for those of us on a budget looking for a nice, clean place to stay, it's a gem. Thanks for the nice stay and we'll come back next time we're in Pagosa!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and didn't hear anyone over us and next door. No noise complaints an...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Valerie S

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My brother and I stayed at the Alpine Inn for three nights in mid February. We were in town for a couple of days of skiing at Wolf Creek. The room was nice and clean and there was a refridgerator and microwave in the room. There was a free continental breakfast every morning which was very good with plenty to choose from. John, the owner was very friendly and even provided us with discount ski passes. I was amazed at how hot the water in the shower was even after my brother took a 30 minute shower. Also I never did see a thermostat for the heater, but the room was always a pleasant temperature. We enjoyed the skiing enough that we are planning to go again the second week of march and wanted to stay at this same motel, but they were booked so we had to find another place to stay and of course we will be paying more money. I will give a review of that motel as well.

Room Tip: we had an upstairs room and enjoyed it very much.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank kyle p
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The comforts of home were missing but it was not entirely disagreeable. We were there overnight but that is about all that I would be able to handle. The bathroom sink was in the room, not the bathroom. There is no coffee maker in the room - you have to go to the lobby to get coffee - between 6:30am and 9:30am. Otherwise, there is hot water available 24 hours. Tea drinkers, you would be fine. The room was small and the king size bed took up a fair amount of the room. There is no separate closet (a clothes rack was near the room door) and the tub had chips and stains in it. The cost was cheap but so was the room. If your stay is just overnight, one or two persons only, and you don't want to spend all your money on hotels, this is acceptable. The place was clean and the owners are very nice folks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the front door. There are no elevators or luggage carts.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Candy D
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Made reservations for a $60 room about 4 months in advance and decided to cancel about 2 weeks later due to changing plans....My mistake for not researching thoroughly (which I will in the future) because I was charged $8 for the cancellation....what a crock! Therefore beware before you make a reservation with this motel. They will stick it to you! I'll put down my reservation date because my travel date was actually to be April '14 which wasn't available to select and wouldn't publish w/o.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Peyton_John
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed here on the way back to Denver from a business trip in NM. It is a tiny little motel with small cozy rooms and a wonderful staff. The price is definitely right for under $60/room and the hotel is near all kinds of restaurants and the Pagosa Brewery.

I highly recommend for anyone looking for a nice, comfortable stay in Pagosa Springs.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Ron M
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Three of us stayed in this little hotel outside of town, we were very pleased! The hotel is older, but well maintained. The room was very comfortable, the owners were extremely nice, and we had no complaints what so ever. The breakfast area was small, but I loved that there were real plates, mugs and silverware - not plastic/paper. I was able to have hot tea at night in a real mug, this was a big plus for me! The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom/shower was clean and updated. We wanted to visit the hot springs and the owner gave us some extra towels to use and even gave me jewelry cleaner when my necklaces were turned by the surfer when we got back. (note to anyone doing hot-springs - remove all jewelry before getting in!) I would stay here in again. Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank GabaS
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is our third visit to Alpine Inn. A family run business that goes the extra mile to be sure you have a comfortable stay.The owners are very knowledgeable of what is going on in town,always having an idea for adventure. The rooms are clean,comfortable and quiet. The breakfast area is immaculate and the food good.There is the option to use real dishes and silverware which I really like. On our last trip we arrived early and they accommodated us on very short notice. John & Sofie are very friendly and take pride in their business. We will be back.

Room Tip: second floor provides a great view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family