“Great little mountain” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wolf Creek Ski Resort

Wolf Creek Ski Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: This little-known ski resort boasts the highest snowfall totals in all of Colorado.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great little mountain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Great trip, great snow, great price for tickets. A great value in this day an age for skiiing.
Variety of runs between blue, black, and double black. Nice easy groomed run. Great fun for all.

Houston, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Overall a good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our ski vacation to Wolf Creek. He is an avid skier and enjoyed the lifts, runs, and the snow. I am new to skiing and needed to take lessons. The lift ticket rate is only $58 a day, and then only $60 a day for beginner lessons (the beginner ticket restricts you to one lift which takes you to a small mini-run). This is SUPER reasonable compared to what we paid the year before at Breckenridge. The second day lessons cost $70 and include access to an additional lift where you can ski green and blue runs. A lot of the blues have moguls. I enjoyed my lessons and improved on my ability to do the "hockey stop." Interesting notes: You can only purchase tickets in increments of 3 days or 1 day, and you can not purchase tickets on the mountain more than one day in advance. Tickets go on sale from 3-5 pm only. This was inconvenient to us because we had people in our party wanting to ski 2 days, take a day off, and then ski an additional day- meaning they had to wait in line 3 times to purchase tickets for 3 days. The line can get long, so someone had to stop skiing earlier than others in order to get in line.

1 Thank Amanda C
Denver, Colorado
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Poor adult ski school teacher.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Signed my wife up for beginner ski school. Watched ski teacher yelling at students I guess thinking that because English was not the students primary language he could get them to understand him better by shouting. Two students from Middle east, one from Mexico and one from Phillippines. After one run, my wife had to use the bathroom, he said he was making another run with the other three students and she was on her own..
I spent the rest of the day and the 2nd day teaching her to ski and she picked it up quite fast after I taught her how to fall and get back up on her skii's, and how to slide stop. We also picked up one of the other skiers in her class and taught him how to slide stop and fall. I am not a ski teacher.. I think the $60.00 ski school fee was a total waste and I think the (sic: teacher) wasted our time.. I saw ski teachers teaching small children that were doing a much better job than the teacher my wife was assigned.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thankful for Wolf Creek!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

As a skier living in the high desert of New Mexico I am truly thankful that Wolf Creek (and Taos!) ski area is within a 4 hour drive of my home. As a born and raised New Englander I am truly thankful that my NM children are learning to ski everything and everywhere thanks to the amazing conditions and terrain of Wolf Creek! Wolf Creek is a great place to start children skiing; it has both steep and gentle terrain, groomed slopes, open slopes, chutes, and tree glades, and, of course, tons of snow! The variety of terrain allows beginning/intermediate skiers to experience powder and crud and trees at their own comfort level before moving up. Expert skiers can get a bit frustrated by all the 'flat' terrain at Wolf Creek but the Alberta lift opens up the chutes of the Waterfall area, endless trees, as well as hiking possibilities to Alberta Peak and the ridges. Hiking up Alberta Peak from the Treasure lift is relatively easy and quick (compared to Taos) and the skiing heavenly even if the powder is 'skied out'. I think the resort offers a guided tour of the hiking possibilities.

The man-made resort is excellent as well; low ticket prices (thank you!), two high-speed quads (thank you for Treasure!), an awesome Base Camp for picnic-ers (park in the 4WD lot to the right!), and a tasty pizza/burger/beer/ restaurant at the top of the Raven quad (easiest restrooms to access!).
Thank you Wolf Creek, we do enjoy our time with you!

Visited December 2013
Denver, Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The best ski resort in Colorado. Hands down.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

The most snow. Deluxe chair lifts. Affordable lift tickets. Small crowd. HUGE amount of snow trails.

Visited March 2013