“Poor adult ski school teacher.”

Wolf Creek Ski Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: This little-known ski resort boasts the highest snowfall totals in all of Colorado.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Signed my wife up for beginner ski school. Watched ski teacher yelling at students I guess thinking that because English was not the students primary language he could get them to understand him better by shouting. Two students from Middle east, one from Mexico and one from Phillippines. After one run, my wife had to use the bathroom, he said he was making another run with the other three students and she was on her own..
I spent the rest of the day and the 2nd day teaching her to ski and she picked it up quite fast after I taught her how to fall and get back up on her skii's, and how to slide stop. We also picked up one of the other skiers in her class and taught him how to slide stop and fall. I am not a ski teacher.. I think the $60.00 ski school fee was a total waste and I think the (sic: teacher) wasted our time.. I saw ski teachers teaching small children that were doing a much better job than the teacher my wife was assigned.

There are newer reviews for Wolf Creek Ski Resort

Reviewed January 4, 2014

As a skier living in the high desert of New Mexico I am truly thankful that Wolf Creek (and Taos!) ski area is within a 4 hour drive of my home. As a born and raised New Englander I am truly thankful that my NM children are learning to ski everything and everywhere thanks to the amazing conditions and terrain of Wolf Creek! Wolf Creek is a great place to start children skiing; it has both steep and gentle terrain, groomed slopes, open slopes, chutes, and tree glades, and, of course, tons of snow! The variety of terrain allows beginning/intermediate skiers to experience powder and crud and trees at their own comfort level before moving up. Expert skiers can get a bit frustrated by all the 'flat' terrain at Wolf Creek but the Alberta lift opens up the chutes of the Waterfall area, endless trees, as well as hiking possibilities to Alberta Peak and the ridges. Hiking up Alberta Peak from the Treasure lift is relatively easy and quick (compared to Taos) and the skiing heavenly even if the powder is 'skied out'. I think the resort offers a guided tour of the hiking possibilities.

The man-made resort is excellent as well; low ticket prices (thank you!), two high-speed quads (thank you for Treasure!), an awesome Base Camp for picnic-ers (park in the 4WD lot to the right!), and a tasty pizza/burger/beer/ restaurant at the top of the Raven quad (easiest restrooms to access!).
Thank you Wolf Creek, we do enjoy our time with you!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The most snow. Deluxe chair lifts. Affordable lift tickets. Small crowd. HUGE amount of snow trails.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Good snow,slopes were in good shape. Staff was friendly and very helpful with the rentals and lift tickets. Lift lines moved at a good pace, staff did a good job to help people that we're having a hard time getting on and off the lifts. The only complaint would be the need for lodging at the resort so you don't have to drive 30 minutes to get to the slopes. My kids are already talking about going back to ski again at wolf creek. If you need ski lessons, ask for Jake, he did a great job and was very patient with everyone in the lesson.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I brought my 46 year old girlfriend, her 14 year old daugher and a 15 year old friend to learn to snowboard. Wolf Creek offers a full day (2 x two hour sessions) of lessons for the same price as a lift ticket. I was afraid with a deal like this the classes would be huge, especially the weekend before Christmas. But there were never more than 4 students per instructor, and most of the time the slower students were getting 1 on 2 instruction, and the instructors were very kind and friendly.

I also had a great 2 days on slopes- the only down side was that some of the signs at the top of the lifts are very weathered, so it's hard to figure out which way to go down without consulting your map.