Deciding to make a last minute trip to Pagosa Springs (Wolf Creek) for skiing we were a little concerned about finding decent accommodations. Let me begin by saying, I am a hotel snob. Recent military retirees, we've lived and traveled all over the world and no stranger to hotels and motels. I found New Years eve availability at High Country Lodge through their website. The website was easy to use and showed each room and cabin in detail. They were quick to respond to our request and two days later we were on our way. We had reservations for a motel room but after arriving were upgraded to a cabin. The cabin was obviously an older cabin but was extremely clean, well equipped, smelled wonderful (important to me) and very, very comfortable. The fireplace and complimentary wood was a treat and the bed super comfy (with luxury hotel grade sheets). The cabin is rustic and well maintained, not a shiny new modern cabin but in my opinion that added to the "cabin" experience. We appreicated the boutique soaps and shampoo too. The owners were helpful and friendly and made us feel welcome. We were offered discount ski tickets which we gladly accepted. The lodge décor was warm and inviting and especially during the holiday season. Breakfast in the lodge was equal or better and fresher than any other complimentary breakfast we have had at a Marriott or Hampton Inn (our usual) and the dining/kitchen area was quaint and comfortable. The location to Wolf Creek Ski Area is ideal and about the best you can get. The trip into town is quick and easy and with the area brochures and dining information available in the room and front desk we weren't lacking or wondering whaere to go or how to get there. After talking to the owners it sounds like they have made lots of improvements and working hard to upgrade/update each and every room. After skiing, my husband did the hot tub and said it was the perfect temperature and didn't even have to share a hot tub. We would definitely go back and would recommend it to our family & friends. It was a great way to bring in the New Year, thank you High Country Lodge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High Country Lodge consists of 22 lodge rooms & 10 cabins with wood burning stoves & fireplaces on 15 wooded acres, a wildlife viewing pond and a snow tubing park in the winter. Your stay at the High Country Lodge includes: a hot breakfast, 3 hot tubs and a sauna, a playground area, BBQ grills, horseshoe pits, free WiFi , cable TV w/HBO and in room DVD player. We are located 2.5 miles east of Pagosa Springs on Hwy 160. We are the closest lodge to Wolf Creek Ski Area. We look forward to having you as our guests! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your High Country Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Country Lodge Motel & Cabins Hotel Pagosa Springs
- High Country Lodge Motel And Cabins