We have been going to High Country Lodge for years for our winter get-a-ways. We have stayed in the motel and in the cabins. The motel is very clean, but a little run down and noisy. The cabins are wonderful though and well worth the extra money. The best part is the friendly people who check you in and the very nice breakfast. The big fireplace is very welcoming and there is free great coffee, hot chocolate, cider, tea all day. One year I enjoyed the local sled races on a hill behind the lodge. It was so much fun as everyone made homemade crazy sleds and dressed in costumes. The lodge offered free burgers, hot dogs, and chips and drinks to everyone. You can walk to the steak house and enjoy the hot tubs and stars. A wonderful place that makes you feel so at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High Country Lodge consists of 22 lodge rooms & 10 cabins with wood burning stoves & fireplaces on 15 wooded acres, a wildlife viewing pond and a snow tubing park in the winter. Your stay at the High Country Lodge includes: a hot breakfast, 3 hot tubs and a sauna, a playground area, BBQ grills, horseshoe pits, free WiFi , cable TV w/HBO and in room DVD player. We are located 2.5 miles east of Pagosa Springs on Hwy 160. We are the closest lodge to Wolf Creek Ski Area. We look forward to having you as our guests! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your High Country Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Country Lodge Motel And Cabins
- High Country Lodge Motel & Cabins Hotel Pagosa Springs