“Very inviting.”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
Canyon, Texas
“Very inviting.”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We stayed three nights.Very friendly owners and staff. Loved the location just a couple of miles out of Pagosa Springs. Close but out in the country. Excellent continental breakfast by the fire in an old log cabin decor. Rooms were decent and very accessible. Beds were comfortable. Three large hot tubs and sauna were very nice. We would definitely go back and stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
HCL3821, Manager at High Country Lodge, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay--thank you for writing a review. We always enjoy knowing when we are doing the right things for our guests. You are always welcome to suggest improvements -we want to know what else we can do to make your stay the best it can be.
We hope you will return often and enjoy this wonderful corner of Colorado.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Love this place for many reasons. Far enought out of town (2 miles approx) but so accessible to the wonderful little town of Pagosa Springs. The hot springs here are sooo beautiful in comparison to other places in Colorado.

Also love the restaurant, very unique, on same premises of Lodge. They also have individual cabins with fireplaces, as well as two story hotel. Views are lovely and it is quiet.

Folks in charge are great. Ambiance, with wood and fireplaces in Lobby and breakfast room, is special. Breakfast included....waffles, biscuits and gravy, and the other usual stuff...also hard boiled eggs..

I ended up there on Thanksgiving Day and wanted to watch the Macy's Parade before I took off. They really wanted us to check out on TIME so that the housekeeping staff could get home early to enjoy Thanksgiving (very considerate of management). Lynn, Manager on Duty, suggested I plop myself down in the breakfast room with the TV and stay as long as I wished...and help my self to all the coffee I wanted.

I might add the hotel was tastefully decorated for Xmas with trees in Lobby and Breakfast room.

I might add I am a Travel Agent, and find these special places that I fall in love with and return and recommend them many times over.

I Highly Recommend High Country Lodge.

Room Tip: Second Floor corner room (I think notheast corner). Also I might recommend the smallest freestandti...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
HCL3821, Manager at High Country Lodge, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. It encourages us to know when we are doing things well, but it also reminds us there is always room for improvement. We hope you will come back again and again and enjoy this special area of Colorado.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the High Country Lodge on two trips to Pagosa Springs...the first time, we stayed in a regular room in the Lodge; the second, we stayed in a cabin. The rooms are clean, comfortable and very reasonably priced in the Lodge. The hot tubs, on chilly Colorado evenings, are a really nice addition, especially after a long motorcycle ride. But the cabins...oh, the cabins...we stayed in a small cabin last weekend because we just needed to get away from Albuquerque. Luckily for us, I picked a weekend with lots of snow in the forecast, and Mother Nature delivered. My husband and I planned to spend the day in town and just loaf about, but after we got to our cabin (clean, cozy and rustic), we decided instead to get a bottle of wine and spend the day enjoying the fire, the snow outside and the ambience. The small cabin we rented is the Lodge's smallest, and was still roomy and would have accommodated two couples or a family, and while I subscribe to their e-mail service and got a GREAT deal via their newsletter, it would be affordable for anyone at their regular rates as well. I highly, highly recommend the Lodge for accommodations with character, exceptional customer service, and a fantastic location in the summer or the winter.

Room Tip: We were in cabin 403, which was nestled right against the sledding hill, and if we weren't so ou...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank angiejones
You had the kind of weekend we strive to provide for all our guests. Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed it. By the way, snow is on the way again, so you may get your wish about the sledding hill on your next trip!
West Palm Beach, Fl
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed in the small cabin and there was plenty of room for our family of four. The cabin was entirely done in wood, tongue and groove, and I slept the best I had in years, due to the cosy and peaceful atmosphere. Even the vanity in the bathroom was done in wood, which I had never seen before. The room was well decorated and the beds were super comfortable. Several wooden beams ran across the ceiling creating an enchanting and rustic feeling. We enjoyed the hot tub in the evening and the sauna was a welcome treat. I am so glad we stayed there - you will not be disappointed! Also, the management was very accommoding and treated us so well. Highly recommend the cabin...we will be back!

Room Tip: Choose a cabin, even the small one is a good size.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lmsusnar
So glad you enjoyed your stay in our small cabin-we like to think the cabins give a true Colorado experience. If you should ever need something more to keep you busy while here,
we have board games and dvd players/dvds you can check out, and any of the staff can give
you lots of ideas for extra activities. Hope to see you again soon!
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a night during a weekend ski trip to Wolf Creek. This hotel has a very cozy feel and the staff is very welcoming and friendly. For what we paid, we definitely felt like we got a great deal. The room was functional and comfortable and the breakfast was great. We really liked the rustic lobby and breakfast area. We will definitely be returning to stay here each time we visit Wolf Creek.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. The next time you visit, enjoy some of our good Seattle coffee in front of the fire in our lobby-you are always welcome to relax and kick back when here. We have also expanded our breakfast menu for your enjoyment.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 28, 2011

My boyfriend and I loved the high country lodge! Rates are reasonable, the staff friendly, yummy breakfast and very clean and comfy!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
We are happy you had such a great time. We are expecting more snow soon, so come back and enjoy all the winter activities!
Kingston, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I travel a lot, and when I pulled in I was tired and hungry. The guy at the desk welcomed me, showed me to my room and recommended an excellent place to eat... "where we all go...". Room was clean and pleasant, there were three small hot tubs so that my friend and I could have one to ourselves, and the 'continental' breakfast was more of a brunch. I'll stay here again whenever I'm in the neighborhood.