“Worth the stay, in rooms or cabins!”
Review of High Country Lodge

High Country Lodge
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the High Country Lodge on two trips to Pagosa Springs...the first time, we stayed in a regular room in the Lodge; the second, we stayed in a cabin. The rooms are clean, comfortable and very reasonably priced in the Lodge. The hot tubs, on chilly Colorado evenings, are a really nice addition, especially after a long motorcycle ride. But the cabins...oh, the cabins...we stayed in a small cabin last weekend because we just needed to get away from Albuquerque. Luckily for us, I picked a weekend with lots of snow in the forecast, and Mother Nature delivered. My husband and I planned to spend the day in town and just loaf about, but after we got to our cabin (clean, cozy and rustic), we decided instead to get a bottle of wine and spend the day enjoying the fire, the snow outside and the ambience. The small cabin we rented is the Lodge's smallest, and was still roomy and would have accommodated two couples or a family, and while I subscribe to their e-mail service and got a GREAT deal via their newsletter, it would be affordable for anyone at their regular rates as well. I highly, highly recommend the Lodge for accommodations with character, exceptional customer service, and a fantastic location in the summer or the winter.

Room Tip: We were in cabin 403, which was nestled right against the sledding hill, and if we weren't so ou...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angiejones
HCL3821, Manager at High Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

You had the kind of weekend we strive to provide for all our guests. Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed it. By the way, snow is on the way again, so you may get your wish about the sledding hill on your next trip!

Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed in the small cabin and there was plenty of room for our family of four. The cabin was entirely done in wood, tongue and groove, and I slept the best I had in years, due to the cosy and peaceful atmosphere. Even the vanity in the bathroom was done in wood, which I had never seen before. The room was well decorated and the beds were super comfortable. Several wooden beams ran across the ceiling creating an enchanting and rustic feeling. We enjoyed the hot tub in the evening and the sauna was a welcome treat. I am so glad we stayed there - you will not be disappointed! Also, the management was very accommoding and treated us so well. Highly recommend the cabin...we will be back!

Room Tip: Choose a cabin, even the small one is a good size.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lmsusnar

So glad you enjoyed your stay in our small cabin-we like to think the cabins give a true Colorado experience. If you should ever need something more to keep you busy while here,
we have board games and dvd players/dvds you can check out, and any of the staff can give
you lots of ideas for extra activities. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a night during a weekend ski trip to Wolf Creek. This hotel has a very cozy feel and the staff is very welcoming and friendly. For what we paid, we definitely felt like we got a great deal. The room was functional and comfortable and the breakfast was great. We really liked the rustic lobby and breakfast area. We will definitely be returning to stay here each time we visit Wolf Creek.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us. The next time you visit, enjoy some of our good Seattle coffee in front of the fire in our lobby-you are always welcome to relax and kick back when here. We have also expanded our breakfast menu for your enjoyment.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

My boyfriend and I loved the high country lodge! Rates are reasonable, the staff friendly, yummy breakfast and very clean and comfy!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

We are happy you had such a great time. We are expecting more snow soon, so come back and enjoy all the winter activities!

Reviewed October 23, 2011

I travel a lot, and when I pulled in I was tired and hungry. The guy at the desk welcomed me, showed me to my room and recommended an excellent place to eat... "where we all go...". Room was clean and pleasant, there were three small hot tubs so that my friend and I could have one to ourselves, and the 'continental' breakfast was more of a brunch. I'll stay here again whenever I'm in the neighborhood.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

Price was great. Loved the location, just set a minute out of town. Cozy retreat- hot tubs are outside so bring a robe to make it to n from the room. Nice fireplace in the lobby(nice touch!!) Friendly staff normally dont write reviews, but was moved enough to share this with everyone. 2 options (hotel or indv cabins) either are perfect. Cant wait to get back and stay longer already!

Room Tip: Book ahead if you want one of the cabins...they went fast
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

We appreciate your kind words and are happy you had a great stay here. More snow is on the way, so there's lots of winter activities for your enjoyment. Bring your friends!

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We visited on our family vacation in July 2011 on our two-week travel through the state. Our party was 12 strong which included 5 adults, one senior and 6 children (ages 7 to 17) from Maryland and Massachusetts. We stayed one night in 3 beautiful log cabins that were clean, included all amenities and were absolutely charming! We thought it was the best stay of our trip, and the view was great! Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The kids loved the grounds and all the activities. From there it was just a skip to the downtown area. Can't wait to go back, and will definitely stay longer!

Room Tip: Be sure to book months in advance, as the cabin availability go fast!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AGNES C

We really enjoy families, and its great to know you had such a wonderful experience here. We hope you can come back and stay longer-there are so many great places to explore in this area. And if you should have a family reunion-keep us in mind. Thanks for staying with us!