“Good experience”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Food was good, atmosphere was okay. Service was good. Was not my first choice, but family talked me into it and I'm glad we ate there.

There are newer reviews for Chivalrous Shark

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Owners were very nice. Small menu with good prices. But it is way too much food. And since it is seafood it does not keep well for leftovers. The atmosphere is not great.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Fun, unexpected atmosphere...there's a sandbox area outside! Enjoyed the food, and I'm originally from Newport Beach, so picky when it comes to seafood. Everything very fresh tasting. Service was a bit harried the night we were there, said they were short staffed. But we will definitely be back!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

If you eat with your eyes. The Mediterranean tuna was horrible. it was presented as someone threw up on the plate. I was hearing other diners say well it's different. We visited the restaurant on Friday at 6 pm and only 3 tables had patrons. You decide.

2  Thank TuckerJeepCherokee
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I were in the area visiting; spending some time in the the hot springs and wanted something casual afterwards. We checked previous reviews and decided the Chivalrous Shark fit the bill.
The restaurant was smaller than it looked from the outside - but the interior was welcoming with an eclectic mix of Cajun and shark themed decor.
We seated ourselves at an available table and were quickly greeted with menus and ice water.
My hubby ordered the spiced rum and ginger - consisting of spiced rum, fresh ginger extract and ginger ale while I ordered a delicious and obviously freshly made Mojito.
We started with the curried mussels - a generous portion served with garlic bread to sop up the delicious just spicy enough curry. We actually asked to have the remaining sauce in a to-go cup to take with us.
For our entrees we selected the Campachana and a nightly special of Shrimp & Scallops in a creamy Chipotle sauce over linguine. Our waitress (Cathie) suggested more garlic bread for more sopping of sauces.
The kitchen did not disappoint - both entrees were overflowing with perfectly cooked seafood and great flavor.
A selection of adult beverages are available with a nightly drink special in addition to the dinner special. Black Box Wines are served by the glass.
I've noticed a a few of the reviewers call this a Cajun restaurant - I would say it is so much more. Yes there are some Cajun touches - but the menu is quite varied and has much to offer.
We spoke with Cathie and found that she is the wife of the Chef and they are the owners of this great little spot. They met in Florida and have worked their way through various restaurants and opened the CS a couple of years ago. Cathie treats everyone as valued guests in her own home - greeting many who entered by name and I noticed many stopped to say goodbye to her as they left for the evening.
We will be back and hope the CS is here for a long time.

1  Thank Mountainlizzie