“best pizza in town”
Review of Pagosa Peaks Pizza - CLOSED

Pagosa Peaks Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Thanks to all the REAL reviews over the last 5 years, but our lease is over and we officially closed on March 31 2016.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband has never been a pizza liker much less lover, but the first time we had this pizza, he fell in love. Delicious crust with many options for toppings.

1  Thank Llwrhbg
There are newer reviews for Pagosa Peaks Pizza

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We ordered the large supreme with ww sourdough crust to go. We showed up at the early end of the time range she gave us for when it would be ready. I didn't think the box felt very hot, but wrapped it up in a towel in the car for the 6 minute ride home. Opened it soon as we got in and we were immediately disappointed with the appearance. It did not look like the picture in the dining guide ad or the picture they have on trip advisor. It was not supreme looking in any way! The crust was not special at all for the $3 up charge and the ingredients were minced and minimal. You couldn't taste differentiate anything except the whole pieces of pepperoni. It was dry, cold and forgettable! By the time you were eating 1 1/2 inches from the crust edge, it was like a cracker with a little tomato sauce flavor at best. We warmed up our second slice in the micro-wave and it helped a little....but still a dry, disappointing pizza from start to finish. We put fresh tomato slices and sliced banana peppers to give it some umph. $22 is too expensive for this lack of quality and skimpy ingredients. Will go back to DSP pizza where we've had good pizza the last two years we've visited here.

1  Thank Roberta_J924
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Family of four (children 12 and 10). In house made dressings and sausages. The pizza was good with lots of cheese. I agree the sauce was different but not bad and the crust was good but not wow. Nice menu selection if you don't want pizza including salads, pasta, sandwiches. Our service was good but we were the only customers in the place at the time.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The best pizza ever!! Sourdough crust and bbq pizza is a must do. Definately a Pagosa Springs Bucket List item.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We found this place by accident while looking for a chain store pizza. Thank goodness we did. It was a little slow but the young hostess/waitress is very nice and accommodating. Pizza is not my favorite meal but it was convenient. I have had pizza from New York to Virginia to California to Texas. This was BY FAR the best pizza I have ever had. We ate here twice in four days in Pagosa Springs.
I will go back if I travel here again. This is a small local restaurant and this is apparently where the locals eat. This is always nice to find something authentic and support a true small business. This was my version of "Mystic Pizza"