San Juan Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
First Inn of Pagosa(Pagosa Springs)
Pinewood Inn(Pagosa Springs)
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn(Pagosa Springs)
View Hotel
The Springs Resort & Spa(Pagosa Springs)
Motel SOCO(Pagosa Springs)
View Hotel
High Country Lodge(Pagosa Springs)
Alpine Inn(Pagosa Springs)
Hillside Inn(Pagosa Springs)
Wyndham Pagosa(Pagosa Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe riversmall table and two chairshot tubliquor storesink areafront officebedroom cabinwithin walking distancesmall fridgedowntown arearooms are cleaneach morningwolf creek ski areayogurtpagosapropertyblizzard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My rating is based on what I expected when I checked in, based on the information from the hotel and the price I was quoted. This room exceeded expectations. My husband and i were looking for reasonably priced lodging as part of a short getaway, hiking and fly fishing trip. We wanted a clean, no frills room, within walking distance to some restaurants so that we did not have to drive to dinner. We had a modern room, with air conditioning. It was better than we had expected. There was no absloutely no problem with cleanliness. The wi fi worked fine. We walked literaly 100 yards away to fish in the river. We caught nothing there, but it was a beautiful spot. We walked to dinner. We drove less than a mile to go for a short overlook hike with a wonderful view of the valley. Breakfast was not fancy, but certainly adequate. (We are early risers and not big eaters in the morning - we had places we wanted to go that day, so lunch was planned early.) The room was quiet and very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: I suggest asking for the modern rooms with air conditioning. Request a room off of the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank richandtrudi
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I paid full price..no AAA, government or AARP discounts...Advertised with WiFi but the cabin I was in did not have WiFi. Had to go to the community room. This was not disclosed before I rented the room. The bathroom was filthy. I like rustic cabins, but I don't like dishonesty and filth.

Room Tip: Ask about advertised conveniences and inspect the room before paying full price.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank anna n
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is no frills lodging. However, the accomodations are very good. There is a range of reasonable pricing for a simple room or cabins of different sizes. Two of us stayed in what is called an "original" room and it was clean and comfortable. The "origina"l means it has not been updated like some of the other rooms (which I did not see into) and therefore the price was less. The free breakfast service was ample. This was a first visit to Pagosa Springs (7/5 - 7/7/12). It was a summer holiday week there and the town was full of activities. I thought the location of the rooms on the front which were close to the highway/main street would be noisy, but there was no significant noise at night. There is a trail head behind the motel and we enjoyed a nice morning hike through the woods. Simple lodging but a good deal.

Room Tip: Ask what features there are in the different rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob W
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This was my first visit to the San Juan Hotel, but I can assure you it won't be my last. The room was clean and comfortable. Trail behind the hotel to the top of the mountain and the being right next to the river where great surprise and a hidden gem.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank hv071
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I liked being so close to the San Juan that we could jump in any time! Cabin 10 was cute - yes the cabins are not new, but who cares? A pretty decent value tho not as much attention to details as others....however all in all nice people running the place, good setting (wildlife passes behind the property!) and the coffee was on early so who's to complain?

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple