“Surprisingly good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chavolos Taqueria

Chavolos Taqueria
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Surprisingly good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

The food and service at this restaurant are fabulous! I had the shredded beef burrito, and it was excellent! The chips and salsa were also very good. The decor is rather laid back, as opposed to having lots of "Mexican restaurant" touches, but the food is definitely worth giving this place a try.

• Visited July 2012

Plano, Texas
“House Ritas and food great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Hole in the wall friendly family oriented restaurant. House rita large with balanced lime sweet and sour. Wife tortilla soup and chicken taco salad very good. I had chili relleno with sour cream chicken enchilada. Salsa mild kick and fresh chips.

Visited July 2012
Wichita, Kansas
“Good breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

My family and I ate at Chavalos on our way home from Pagosa. I am not usually a breakfast person but this breakfast was great! I had their green chili breakfast. It came with 2 eggs, green chili, beans, rice and warm tortillas. So good! My daughters ordered their pancake (6 yrs & 4 yrs) - warning - this pancake is huge! They could have shared one. It was fluffy and cooked perfectly! We will eat at Chavolos next time we are in Pagosa.

Visited June 2012
Pagosa Springs
“Authentic Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Great food, great price, awesome owners! One of my favorite Mexican places and I'm a picky one!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Clyde678
“Some Really Good, Majority Just Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I ate here based on the reviews we read. The restaurant is in a little shopping center and has no atmosphere. It appeared that many locals were eating dinner. I ordered a margarita and a ceviche tostada and both were great. My husband ordered a combination plate and the tamale was not steamed and part of it was dried out as if it had been sitting under a heat lamp. The chili relleno was average. The beans and rice, chips and salsa were all good. Service was slow, with no follow up to see if we were satisfied. The prices were not inexpensive; with tip a little over $30. Would I try again, probably, but we were traveling and won't be back to Pagosa.

• Visited June 2012