“Very traditional burger joint”
Review of The Malt Shoppe

The Malt Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Pagosa Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Cozy and friendly, but not very efficient service. I ordered a patty melt with mushrooms but when I got it, there were no mushrooms and the cheese was totally not melted. My less picky companions just got burgers and they were all fine.

There are newer reviews for The Malt Shoppe

Reviewed February 12, 2014

The value for the buck is amazing. I had the med cone and my wife ordered the sunday, WOW. We stop in with some friends who ordered a shake and a bannana split, they were not disapointed... make sure you go in ready to eat and enjoy!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We thought this would be a fun little place to eat, who doesn't like old fashioned shakes, malts and hamburgers right? Wrong. You could get the same exact thing at a fast food restaurant as this place at a much cheaper price. At about $11 per person ( all items are a la carte) you would think you'd be getting something that was made in a way that is superior to fast food chains. The burgers were dry and overcooked, the fries were bland at best and the shake quality was comparable to Wendy's. The only plus was that we were the only customers there so it was quiet, and now we know why. REALLY wanted to love this place, but it just wasn't so.

1  Thank Trishb83
Reviewed December 31, 2013

In an era of hand crafted organic grass fed beef patties, a frozen patty on a toasted bun is old fashioned. And they do advertise Old Fashion Hamburgers.

The burgers were pretty good. Service was good, even though there was a pretty long line in the evening during ski season over a holiday. The waffle fries were especially good and seemed home made.

I would go back because it is decent and a good price. But it is not near the best burger I have ever had.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We ate lunch here, it was ok. Decent burgers, a bit disappointed with the malt I had. Lots of flies everywhere while eating on the patio which was obnoxious.