“Great spot with very helpful staff”

Farrago Market Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had two meals at Farrago's during a one-week stay in Pagosa Springs. Our daughter insisted upon a return because the chicken panini is "the best thing ever." (Scary thing is that she said that even though there's tomato inside!) My wife and I like the fact that the menu has enough variety for both the kids and adults to be able to find something interesting. The gyro made with mesquite-grilled lamb was a perfect flavor combo for me, while the salmon tacos were a hit with my wife, and my son gave a thumbs-up to the pizza. The staff was great, especially Dee, who took such great care of us and was so knowledgeable that we were convinced she must have been an owner. We also loved the atmosphere, sitting outside at a picnic table, listening to some live music (on our first visit). What better way to finish up a summer day in Pagosa? We would definitely return if/when we make it back to Pagosa Springs.

1  Thank T C

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Maybe my expectations were too high because of the superb reviews. We got the mountain man pizza. It was ok. The ranch was homemade and d-lish but a bit pricey. The servers went above and beyond to call you by name over and over. Very nice but I would still call it average.

1  Thank roundthaworld
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We'd read about Farrago Market Cafe and went here for our first meal in Pagosa Springs. Went to the counter, got our salads, and then stood in line holding them for 20 plus minutes to pay!! Horrible setup.

I say "skip it" and go to Kip's just down the street. Kip's has an awesome patio and great food/service.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

If you want pizza, salad, or a burger, this is the place to get your fix. The prices are very good for a tourist town. The service was very good and friendly. You have a choice to take a table indoors or sit on the patio.

We shared a Mountain Man pizza and Greek Salad. The pizza ( 12") was baked to crispy and all the toppings were fresh and plentiful. The ham was from the pit, not boiled or deli style. The chicken was cut into chunks and roasted. For average appetites, this was a pizza for 3, with a salad to share--or for 2 with a beverage. The Greek Salad was huge and the dressing was on the side to pour as desired. It was homemade and very good.

The location is on the edge of town, (west end) about a mile from the main part of town.

2  Thank traveler2007Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We walked by Farrago, saw the pizzas brought out to patio diners and decided right then to sit down and try the place out. After a day at the "Springs", we were hungry. Farrago didn't disappoint. The pizzas have more than generous toppings and are absolutely delicious. I had their fish and chips on our second trip there and was surprised at how good salmon tasted in a fish and chips offering. The portions are generous, service is great, and the ice cream shop in the plaza served up some really creamy ice cream.