“Unique Place with Decent Food”

Pagosa Brewing & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pagosa Brewing Company™ & Grill is recommended by Sunset Magazine, Esquire Magazine & The New York Times. We've got a friendly Tap Room, Dining Room & spacious tree-covered Beer Garden with festival tent. We proudly offer a "Made-from-Scratch" Food Menu that features delicious food choices including: * 100% Local Grass-Fed Angus Burgers * Wild-Caught Alaskan Salmon * Nitrate-Free CO Brats & Man Dogs * Fresh, Cage-Free CO Chicken Breast * Hand Tossed Pizzas, Soups, Salads & More! Enjoy our full range of award-winning locally-brewed beers, fine wines, innovative cocktails & martinis, homemade root beer soda & brewery tours. More Parking & Less Waiting: We've got a new expanded parking lot and more full-service outdoor table service in season.
PA
“Unique Place with Decent Food”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We arrived early to find the place packed which is a good sign. Really good brews and the food was very good. We went with the Trip Advisor recommendations of breaded salmon and their burgers and were not disappointed at all!! Not a lot of seating indoors - plenty of outdoor seating but it was not available due to the cool temps. Only place I ever saw where the kitchen was detached from the restaurant and it appeared to be an old trailer or camper. Service was quick and attentive. I join the trip advisors in recommending this relaxed dining experience - no need to dress up!

Houston, Texas
“Beer with an attitude”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stopped in for a couple of beers. Beers were excellent and even bought some growlers to take home to wife. The regulars in the bar area were all very friendly and we enjoyed our visit. Kind of weird though, one of the old timers pointed out the owner to me who was speaking to someone in the brew kettle room. As he came out I stopped him to compliment him on his beer(no long conversation, more like "hey, great beer man!"....he paused for a second, kind of gave me a dirty look and then said "yeah" and pushed by me.
I definitely recommend and would go back

• Visited October 2013
ColoradoBeerMan, Owner at Pagosa Brewing & Grill, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear kokonut,
Thank you for the review and kind words. I am sincerely sorry about any short response I may have given. I honestly do not recall the moment. My speculation is that I probably was running between the brewery and bar to correct an issue with a lot on my mind, and never heard what you might have said (hence my confusion – and no dirty look intended.) In any case, it was rude of me and I apologize. I hope you will give us another try. Please ask for me personally. I always try to respond to customers when I am available.

Owner & Head Brewer
Alva, Florida
“Nothing special - just OK”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The place is best known for the beer. I tried the IPS and it was good, served a little too cold for an ale but good nevertheless. The burgers were tasty but nothing out of the ordinary. The quality of the beef was quite good but rather dry and lacking condiments/spices to enhance the taste. The taste could be greatly improved by cooking the meat over an open fire. The coleslaw and potato salads were unremarkable at best.

• Visited October 2013
ColoradoBeerMan, Owner at Pagosa Brewing & Grill, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Buck,
Thank you for the review and feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the beer. I am not sure what an IPS is, but assume you are referring to our award-winning IPA (India Pale Ale), which is designed to be served and poured at an temperature-appropriate 45 degrees. Check out this link for more information on proper beer temperatures: http://craftbeertemple.com/videoblog/serving-beer/

I am sorry the burger was not to your liking. We use 100% Local Grass-Fed & Grass-Finished Angus Beef. Yes, it is leaner than mass-produce beef, which uses corn products to fatten up the animals. I apologize the spicing was not to your taste. We do not overly salt or season our burgers so that the real beef flavor can be appreciated. But, we do offer a multitude of gourmet toppings for guests who would like to build their own custom burgers. This is beyond the standard condiments (salt, fresh ground pepper, ketchup, mustards & hot sauces) and includes: Beer-Caramelized Onions, Crispy Onion Rings, Gorgonzola Cheese, Green Chilies, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, along with House Made Guacamole, Chipotle Ketchup, Salsas, and more. While I also can appreciate a good Char-Burger, our kitchen is currently not set-up to cook over an open fire. As such, we do not promote our burgers that way. However, with our upcoming expansion, we have already planned for a Char-Grill upgrade.

I hope you will give us another try. We also offer locally produced Gosar Ranch Sausages and hand-tossed Artisan Pizzas, both of which can be customized as well.

Owner & Head Brewer
Windsor, Colorado
“I'm not a beer drinker, but the food was pretty average”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I decided to check out the place. First we accidentally drove up to the back which was a big mistake as it was next to a auto shop. We drove around and found the front. Let's just say if you are looking for a nice place to eat, this isn't it. First, you walk through an outdoor (I can't call it a patio, because it was just dirt) area. The indoor eating area is quite small with maybe 6-7 tables and then they have a bar area. I made the mistake of sitting looking out the window where I discovered their kitchen was outside in a couple old trailers. The waitresses had to walk through the outdoor area to get the food to bring it back into the indoor eating area. We got there before 5 and the place was almost full. I can say that the wait staff was good and friendly and we found that others associated with the place were very friendly. My Root Beer was quite good. We both ordered a regular hamburger and onion rings. I assumed a brewery would have beer battered onion rings, but these were the kind that you would buy at the grocery store and cook in the oven. The good thing about the burger was it was grass fed beef with no hormones, but the 1/3 pound burger was much smaller than the bun and didn't have a lot of flavor. They had specialized burgers, but non of their combinations that they put together even looked appetizing. Maybe their beer is really good, but I wasn't impressed with their food or their food preparation.

• Visited October 2013
ColoradoBeerMan, Owner at Pagosa Brewing & Grill, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear RL,
Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry you took a wrong turn and missed our front parking lot. No, we do not have a dirt patio, but a 10,000 square foot tree-covered and landscaped Beer Garden, which has been referred to by Governor Hickenlooper as one of the best in all of Colorado. Yes, we re-conditioned a classic 1950’s StarCraft Trailer that we use for our kitchen. We think it’s pretty hip. But, I am sorry the food was not to your liking, and apologize about any confusion on the menu. No, the Onion Rings are not beer-battered, but our fries that are, and come highly recommended. Regarding our local Grass-Fed/Finished Angus burgers, they are quite lean and we do not overly salt or season them so that the real beef flavor can be appreciated. Yes, we offer a variety of Specialty Burgers, or you are welcome to customize them any way you prefer. I am glad you enjoyed the service and homemade root beer soda. I hope you will give us another try. We also feature locally made Gosar Ranch Sausages, as well as hand-tossed Artisan Pizzas. Please ask for me or a Manager.

Owner
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Staff is incredible, beer almost as good as they are!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We didn't eat as we were between meal times. The place was packed! But an off duty staff member gave us her seat at the bar when she saw we were waiting. Really good place to stop in Pagosa.

Visited October 2013