“Small place with excellent food and beer”

Cuisines: Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Pagosa Brewing Company™ & Grill is Pagosa's Award Winning Craft Brewery - Recommended by Sunset Magazine, Esquire Magazine, National Geographic & The New York Times. We've got a friendly Tap Room, Dining Room & spacious tree-covered Beer Garden with festival tent. We proudly offer a "Made-from-Scratch" Food Menu that features delicious food choices including: *Angus Burgers *BBQ Ribs & Pulled Pork *Hand Cut Steaks *Wild-Caught Alaskan Salmon *Chicken Tenders *Chicken & Waffles *Hand Tossed Pizzas *Salads & More! 20 taps of Beer, Fine Wines, Craft Cocktails, homemade root beer soda & brewery tours. More Parking & Less Waiting: We've got a new expanded building and parking lot, and more full-service outdoor table service in season. Join us!
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Small place with excellent food and beer”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

On the advise of the locals stopped in here for a nice late lunch. I had the recommended salmon fish and chips. Very unique and tasty. Too many beers to try the sampler (14), so I settled on one of their IPAs...Tasty. My family tried the home made root beer and enjoyed it as well. The service was very friendly, but the time from order to receipt was a bit longer than expected.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Just_A_Bubba_1960
ColoradoBeerMan, Owner at Pagosa Brewing & Grill, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Just_A_Bubba_1960,
Thank you for the review. I am glad you stopped in and enjoyed our Salmon Fish & Chips and IPA. My apologies that your experience took longer than expected. We strive provide the best service possible. I will review this with my Mangers to see how we can improve our timeliness during Spring Break. While we are limited to 48 seats in the winter months, in the summer we open our Beer Garden (complete with festival tent), which allows for a bit more elbow-room. I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Pagosa.

Cheers,
Tony Simmons
Owner & Head Brewer
Good Food Awards – Winner 2012 & 2013

“Great Brews and food!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

No trip is complete without stopping here for apres ski and some good home cooking! February is stout month...6 stouts on tap!

Visited February 2013
Kwajalein
“Tight Quarters”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Small venue, no place to sit, had to get food to go. Food was good, but pricey. Did not try the beer. Sat at the bar for a long time without being served. Bartender in front of us looked at us several times, but never offered to help. Bar maid on other end finally served us.

• Visited February 2013
ColoradoBeerMan, Owner at Pagosa Brewing & Grill, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear SparkyKwaj,
Thank you for the review. I apologize about the delay in bar service. We regularly staff the bar with two bartenders and a shift coordinator. Obviously, it was not enough that evening and we let you down. I am sorry and will personally look into the situation. For reference, we have some 48 indoor seats. It can become crowded on weekends and especially at the dinner rush. We are working on expansion plans to relieve this issue. In the meantime, I would suggest considering the option of visiting us at other times of the day (or mid-week) for a bit more elbow-room. We are open daily at 11am.

Regarding value, while our premium 100% Grass-Fed Burgers and Wild Caught Salmon are our top sellers, we do offer full meals on our menu priced under $8, including British Pub Style Fish ‘N Chips, The Value Burger served w/ Beer Battered Fries, and Personal Artisan Pizzas with up to three toppings.

I noticed you didn’t have the opportunity to sample our national award-winning beers. If you’d like news-on-the-brews, you can sign up for our Spam-Free emails via our website, like us on Facebook, and/or follow us on Twitter. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and hope to see you again at Pagosa Brewing.

Cheers,
Tony Simmons
Owner & Head Brewer
Good Food Awards - Winner 2012 & 2013
Springdale, Arkansas
“Can't go wrong with a Growler of Soaker's Stout”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I can't comment on the food, but their Soaker's Stout is some of the best dark beer I've ever tasted. I left with a growler to take home with me, and was not disappointed. The staff knows their beer too, and was very attentive.

• Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Delicious food and a great selection of beers”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We tried the stout taster which is delicious, and also the regular taster, which included at least 10 other selections. We ordered the fish and chips, which are pretty delicious, it tasted fresh, and they make a very good Homemade tartar sauce. The beer battered fries were one of the best I have tried. I tried their brewery burger, with beer caramelized onions, and blue cheese, and it was phenomenal. Overall, the people that worked there were all very nice and down-to-earth. We got table visits from Multiple staff members, Some who appeared to be in management. We would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013