“Great place to grab breakfast, capuccino, lunch, snack”

Pagosa Baking Company & Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Come visit our bakery cafe for great breakfast burritos with house made green chile, quiches, cream cheese filled cinnamon rolls, muffins and scones. We serve the best coffee and espresso drinks in town. Try home made soups, and daily sandwich specials on our home made bread. Wednesday is Thai day - authentic Thai cuisine. European style sourdough breads and ciabatta rolls, hand crafted sweet and savory baked goods. We're famous for our pies. And don't forget made-to-order cakes for your special occasion or wedding. Visit our web site to find our menu.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Wonderful pastries and quiche, good coffee and chai, free wireless, nice seating, cool old house. They have a very nice, selective array of local, natural foods to take home as well, including meat products and raw honey. We bought sausage and Mesa Verde honey last year, and both were delicious.

1  Thank Kimberly K

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had read the reviews and looked for this coffee shop when leaving Pagosa Springs. I would NOT return to this shop. We had a breakfast burrito to go. It was dry, disappointing and just "okay". But the main reason I would NOT return, is because when I ordered hot chocolate, I noticed that they did not put any whipped cream on top, so I asked for whipped cream on my hot chocolate. The lady behind the counter asked if I had paid to have whip cream placed on top. Since when do you pay extra to have whip cream on your hot chocolate. Never have anywhere!! (Starbucks, nor any other place) Poor business service. We paid $25 for two burritos, and 2 coffee's and one hot chocolate. It wasn't cheap.

1  Thank WorthRemembering
skeekath, Owner at Pagosa Baking Company & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Hello,
We’re sorry you were disappointed by your visit to Pagosa Baking Company. We appreciate your comments, and the opportunity you’ve offered us to address your concerns.

We have chosen to charge separately for whipped cream as so many of our customers do not want it, and we are able to make the drink as affordable as possible for them. We make our own hot chocolate mix with Belgian dark cocoa powder and Belgian semi sweet chocolate, no corn syrup or other sweeteners in what we refer to as our “adult hot chocolate”. We buy high quality heavy cream, which is $14, +/- $2 a gallon. We use a French made vanilla syrup for our coffee drinks, 1883 de Philibert Routin (no corn syrup in this either) to sweeten and flavor the whipped cream as well. We think 50 cents is a very reasonable charge for what it costs us to make this delicious whipped cream.

I acknowledge your comment about your burrito being dry, and have addressed that with our kitchen staff. We are happy to replace unsatisfactory items, and I hope you’ll let us do that for you in the future.

Again, thanks for the opportunity to respond to your concerns, and to improve our food and processes.

Kathy Keyes
Owner
Pagosa Baking Company

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The tasty treats are better than average but priced a little high thus deterring from repeat visits. Our last visit was a little disappointing after finding a hair in the stuffed foccacia and not being able to bring it to the attention of the staff. (otherwise, it was yummy) They aren't the friendliest bunch but in their defense, they are ALWAYS busy.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Offers a variety of items for breakfast and lunch. They also have specialty foods in there refrigerator that could be cooked up at home ie sausage.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Cozy place. Goodies just like grandma used to make! A family of 6, we each tried something different and were all very pleased. Friendly staff. I had the apple cranberry pie, heated then topped with a mound of fresh whipped cream-- YUMMY!

1  Thank bighauss