“A favorite place to take guests in Pagosa Springs”

SHY RABBIT Contemporary Arts
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 2004 by D. Michael & Denise Coffee, SHY RABBIT has gained notoriety for its contribution to the advancement of contemporary art and art education in Southwest Colorado, and for the high quality of its exhibitions. “SHY RABBIT has succeeded in establishing the gallery as a premier contemporary art venue known not only for its support of emerging regional artist but also established, nationally known artists.” - J. Masterjohn, Durango TelegraphArtist Workshops and Professional Artists Development courses are also available for novice and professional artists alike.
Reviewed February 14, 2010

A friend described our recent visit this way,
“like a trip to a small museum with a personnel tour by the art director”! The owners, who are artists and collectors, have created a very warm atmosphere with lots of art to ponder. Part of it is a working ceramics studio with workspace where they offer a wide variety of workshops. I have spent some wonderful time there fueling my passion for art by taking interesting workshops and enjoying the high quality art shows they exhibit.

I enjoy visiting, whether I am looking for a ceramic gift or just conversation and wonderful art. I think my last purchase was a lovely hand thrown tea bowl with an amazing glaze! Check out the cute fabric “cozy head” hats too.

1  Thank look-see-do
There are newer reviews for SHY RABBIT Contemporary Arts

Reviewed November 20, 2009

For years have been driving through Pagosa Springs and of late have driven past the Shy Rabbit and thought I should swing in but never had the time. This last trip, we had some extra time in the town and took what we thought would be a quick few minutes to walk through. We ended us staying a hour and both my wife and I walked out thinking that we could have spent more time. A truly great assortment of all types of art that tie in well to the Southwest and Contemporary region.

1  Thank tommyk67
Reviewed October 13, 2009

I never miss a chance to check out the latest show at SHY RABBIT. They also have fabulous workshops. I always enjoy my time there and now often go to Pagosa Springs for the express purpose of visiting SHY RABBIT.