We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“Fun for our whole family”
Review of Pagosa Outside

Pagosa Outside
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Pagosa Springs
Certificate of Excellence
More attraction details
Attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Pagosa Outside is Pagosa's favorite outdoor adventure tour company offering whitewater rafting, mountain biking, inflatable kayaking, stand up paddleboards, and whitewater tubing. We also stock a full line of accessories to outfit your own river adventures. Stop by our shop in downtown Pagosa Springs for Pagosa's premier guided rafting trips, quality river gear, local info, and friendly service.
Potsdam, New York
Level 5 Contributor
93 reviews
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Fun for our whole family”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Although the water levels are low, the 8 of us (ages 8-45) all had fun tubing the river. To minimize "encounters" with the rocks it's best to keep your bottom up off the netting in the tube center. $15 gets you two hours, which is about 2 runs down the river. We would all opt to do this again if we return to the area.

Thank Bohlcore
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Write a Review

321 reviews from our community

Visitor rating
Date | Rating
  • English first
  • Any
English first
Issaquah WA
Level 4 Contributor
42 reviews
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Tubing/Hike of San Juan River”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have visited PS many times over the las 50 years but I never took the time to explore the San Juan river. Last week we were staying at the Springs Resort and saw some folks riding innertubes past us on the river. We decided to try it. The staff was very friendly but they neglected to tell us that the river was really too low to have smooth ride. My wife navigagted the low water with a little difficulty. I walked about half the length of the trip because my tube drew too much water. There were places where the water was only inches deep. Perhaps I would have more fun if the water was significantly higher.

Visited July 2012
5 Thank Ken C
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level 4 Contributor
44 reviews
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Alex and Bonnie”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This was a nice place to visit, quiet and relaxing

Visited June 2012
Thank Alex S
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Level 6 Contributor
162 reviews
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Great Family River Raft Trip”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

9 people, 5 kids, all under 9; rode the "rapids." Everyone got wet! Everyone screamed with joy over the rapids! The guide does 90% of the steering, you do the other 10%. For first timers and people who have never rafted before, this is a great first step location. There is plenty of staff who are experienced, pleasant and helpful. Definitely a fun adventure.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank TexasEyedoc2020
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
pagosaoutside, Owner at Pagosa Outside, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thanks for your kind words and your review. We run a variety of great trips for families, first-timers and inexperienced rafters, but that is not all we offer. Our West Fork trip is a great way to step up the excitement to an intermediate level, our Inflatable Kayak Tours are an exciting and educational hands-on experience, and our Piedra River trips are an amazing, one of a kind adventure for seasoned river rats looking for expert level, wilderness, white knuckle whitewater. We hope to see you again soon!
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Level 2 Contributor
8 reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I thought this was the nicest town from a 6000 mile rd trip”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Everyone we met in this small town was very kind and generous to us
Everyone seem to had time a rare commodity these days

Visited November 2011
Thank Therigpig
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Travelers who viewed Pagosa Outside also viewed


Been to Pagosa Outside? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing