“Incredibly gifted massage therapist - masterful hands and tremendous heart”

San Juan Sports Massage
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: San Juan Sports Massage provides therapeutic massage customized for your active lifestyle. Our treatment technique combines a mixture of energy, relaxation styles and deep tissue massage in order to make each massage unique and specific to the problem, whether it is muscular or stress-related.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Barrington, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredibly gifted massage therapist - masterful hands and tremendous heart”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

While vacationing in Pagosa Springs, I had gone whitewater rafting which flared up a chronic shoulder injury resulting in incredible pain. It's "easy" to find a massage therapist, but not always a qualified and competent one. I travel and have had massages all over the country and work with my own massage therapist at home so I did a bit of research on the web and found Marcus.
Marcus was so successful treating my shoulder pain, I made an appointment the next day to see if he could move deeper into working with my painful (and years long) trapezius injury. He worked on it for 90 minutes and flushed out a great deal of locked in pain and muscle distress that I've suffered with for years. I was very grateful for what he found and was able to open up. The results were incredible. For me it is important to build trust and rapport with a massage therapist, especially when trusting them to work on some very tender and painful injuries - Marcus made that very easy. Besides being a very likeable guy, he listened and asked questions. His intuition, strength and ability to find just the right touch are amazing. I wish he lived in my area - I'd be a regular!

1 Thank KaryRM

Boulder, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best massage you'll ever receive!”
Reviewed May 24, 2010

As a 4-year client, I believe Markus Hughes is an outstanding massage therapist. He customizes his work to your specific needs, always asking and listening about what you may need at the moment. He's helped me recover quickly from marathons and other physical endeavors, and he's very skilled and knowledgeable at helping someone work through injuries. Quite simply, Markus provides a unique, professional, high quality massage therapy experience that can meet a wide variety of needs. Because he is so adept at finely tuning his therapy to your needs, I would recommend Markus to anyone - from an elite athlete to a weekend warrior to someone with specific needs related to injury, age, or chronic condition. Plus, he's just a nice guy!

1 Thank ActiveMomof2
Longmont, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A visit to San Juan Sports Massage is like a mini-vacation.”
Reviewed May 21, 2010

San Juan Sports Massage offers a wonderful experience whether it is for theraputic relief or for relaxation and rejuvination. The professional massage offered at San Juan Sports Massage is tailored to your specific needs and desires. After any physical activity or sport, a massage can be perfect for relieving tension and easing pain.
The massages offer a restful and relaxing respite from other tensions as well and the atmosphere is comfortable and serene.
I think of trips to San Juan Sports Massage as a vacation within a vacation.

1 Thank harleyboy7141
Longmont, Colorado
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Mr Hughes not only has amazing skills as a masseuse, but he is a true professional. His competent and gentle nature immediately put you at ease. His incredible ability to find even the deepest knot made even my skeptical husband a true believer in regular visits! I can't go a month without looking forward to putting myself in his amazing hands and the deep relaxation he brings to both body & soul.

1 Thank bouldergoddess
Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Massage”
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Just got back from a week long vacation In Pagosa Springs. During my time there I had some horrible back/neck pain. I called Markus, he was able to get me in the day I called, and did an awesome job giving me a massage. I would recommend him to anyone.
Sonia from Parker