“Best in Town”

Alley House Grille
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our casual but elegant restaurant is perfect for casual night just ordering pizza and wine, or for an upscale evening of dining and romance. We pride ourselves with a very nice All- American wine list and award winning steaks, chops and seafood.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great steaks. I always enjoy the small pizzas. Dinner sized salads are wonderful. The desserts are good. The drinks are over-priced. The atmosphere is excellent and very relaxing. And the service is spot-on

5  Thank MIKE J

Reviewed March 4, 2014

It is my favorite restaurant in Pagosa Springs for an evening out with my husband or girlfriends. They will adjust any recipe to accommodate your needs. When salmon is on the menu my husband ordered it poached instead of with the sauce. I am vegetarian which can be challenging in Southwest Colorado. They always have an entrée for the vegetarian or will put together a lighter menu. They do get busy and sometime it can be a little noisy inside, but the best place to be in the summer is on the deck.
The appetizers and salads for perfect for sharing and the desserts are to die for and they make my martini perfect every time!

3  Thank Robbie S
Reviewed February 25, 2014

On our previous visit to Alley House Grille we had been terribly disappointed. I am happy to say that was not the case with our recent visit.

We were in Pagosa Springs to celebrate Valentines Day and decided to give Alley House another chance to redeem themselves. And, boy, are we glad we did!

When we arrived for our dinner reservation we were promptly seated at what I now consider to be the best table in the room. The service was excellent and everyone did a great job.

I chose the halibut, a favorite of mine. It exceeded my expectations. My husband stayed with one of his favorites, the Mountain Man pizza. I finished my dinner and had a piece of his pizza. I don't usually eat that much dinner, as I always want desert. That says a lot.

My husband had the creme brulee, which he says is some of the best he has ever had anywhere. I had the flourless chocolate cake. This time they nailed it! Perfection.

Thank you, Alley House staff. You restored our faith in you and we can't wait to see you again this summer.

4  Thank AAGeorgiapeach
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

It was ok. High expectations due to reviews, but left feeling that it was okay. For being upscale, it was really noisy and too compact. Service was good. Food portions were ok, can't say it was kid friendly.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We saw it was #1 in Pagosa Springs, but we were not sure what to expect. It seems like a small house from the outside, but inside they treat you like a gourmet restaurant. The servers are attentive, the wines were good, the food was excellent.

Don;t miss it.