“A HiddenTreasure”

Alley House Grille
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our casual but elegant restaurant is perfect for casual night just ordering pizza and wine, or for an upscale evening of dining and romance. We pride ourselves with a very nice All- American wine list
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“A HiddenTreasure”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great Ambience inside this remodeled old home. Perfect outside patio too. But, the food was simply amazing...what a talented chef. I wanted to take a photo of my beautifully presented plate of food; it could be in a magazine. The price was not bad for the level of quality.

Visited July 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Try the Tuna”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I didn't want the meal to end. It was wonderful, we were on the patio with a light rain falling around us, but under the tree it was lovely. Waiter was just as kind as could be and shared with us some very interesting bits about Pagosa Springs. The wine selection was perfect with several 1/2 bottles to choose from. Excellent location - walking distance from the springs. The seared tuna and beet salad were yummy yummy yummy.

1 Thank Peggy N
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Good reputation but the food is average”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We rarely visit the Alley House. It is billed as the best restaurant in town with a good wine selection. Perhaps others see more than I. I had a number of guests for my wife's birthday and our guests seemed pleased with their meals. I also live in Phoenix AZ and this restaurant seems pedestrian to me. Service is excellent and it is always busy. Go figure?

Visited September 2012
1 Thank flyguide
Boulder, Colorado
“Best in Pagosa Springs”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food was very creative and meets all price points. Outdoor dining was very pleasant and out server was attentive and knew the food selections. In a town of mostly retirees and small permanent population, it was great

1 Thank robertschaffner
“Best Duck we have EVER had. Service needs to match the food.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I were referred to the Alley House by the resort we stayed at and we could not have been happier. We have traveled all over the world for my work and this was truly one of the best meals we have ever had in our lives.

We started with a beet salad, which was delightful, and then we both had the duck. It is extremely hard to find duck prepared properly and the presentation, and layers of flavor, made the entree gorgeous. It is probably better than any duck we have tasted, even in Europe where you can find duck everywhere. We caught a glimpse of the Chef at another table and he is a young guy. I must say, he is extremely talented and should be in a NYC restaurant. He has his job down and in line with well known chefs in big cities. Pagosa Springs is lucky to have a gem of a chef and a gem restaurant in this tiny tourist town.

While the chef did an amazing job, I would recommend they find a wait staff to properly showcase his talents. While our waitress was friendly, she wasn't able to clearly describe the specials, was reading from her book most of the time and when we asked questions about the menu items, she had to leave us each time to check with "the kitchen", as she said it.

Overall, this is a 5 star chef with a 2 star wait staff but, the food speaks for itself. This restaurant is very quaint and is not to be missed.