“One of the VERY best parts of my last ski trip”
Review of Alley House Grille

Alley House Grille
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our casual but elegant restaurant is perfect for casual night just ordering pizza and wine, or for an upscale evening of dining and romance. We pride ourselves with a very nice All- American wine list and award winning steaks, chops and seafood.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Went on a nice ski trip to Pagosa Springs, Colorado and this was our hotel employee's top recommendation and I quickly saw why. This restaurant was very tiny, so if you have a large party, expect a wait, however it will be worth every minute you wait. Call to make reservations for sure, you pretty much have to. Now before I talk food, just a warning, this place is EXPENSIVE. I ate there with six other people and each of us paid around $64.00. That price included seven meals, one appetizer, seven deserts, and a drink or two for each person. Both the food and drinks were worth every penny as it was our definite favorite restaurant of the trip. Now on to the food. We had reservations at seven, and were informed that of all their specials, they only had one to choose from and only one person could get it as they only had the ingredients to make one of that particular dish (lamb w/ mint). One person got that, while I opted for the filet mignon, with asparagus. I was absolutely BLOWN away by the steak. It was just so flavorful, and not just regular steak flavor, it had some unknown spices added to it, that just made it taste so wonderful. Now I HATE asparagus, but it was the vegetable of the day and even that tasted amazing. I tried the a bit of the lamb with mint and that was mind boggling good as well. For desert I tried the cobbler and ice cream which was amazing. For drinks, it was $12.00, but it was amazing, try the Alley House tea. It was STRONG, but tasted great. If your going to go to Wolf Creek to ski, this is a must stop for your vacation.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Recommended by some friends, and did not disappoint. Need to book and we could only get a high table, but were well looked after and food was very good. My friend's meat was cold and it was dealt with quickly when he raised his concern. Not cheap, but worth the splash out for the quality. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We ate here after skiing and were blown away! Great service and amazing food/drinks. I'd call ahead for reservations because they book up fast. We'll definitely eat here again.

1  Thank Emily T
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I am writing this at the table, and I could not be happier. This was one of the best dinners I've ever had, bar none.

sweetchef59, Owner at Alley House Grille, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

I am responding this review, but I really want to thank all the folks in the last 2 weeks that took the time to write in all their reviews. At the Alley House we take dinning serious. Your service, level of food quality and over-all dining experience is the only priority. Our moto is "put yourself in the customers shoes".
This is a tough business to please all the people all the time, but thanks to those folks that realize and appriecate the hard work that all the men and women at the Alley House do.

Kellie Stevens
Alley House Grille
Pagosa Springs, Co.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

From the minute you walk in the door to the last bite of dessert, the service, food and atmosphere are everything you could possibly want.
Coats were taken and hung for us. Our table for four was by the fireplace. Wine selection was good.
Our group split two entrees; shrimp and grits and fresh crab on a bed of risotto. Both spectacular. Main courses were; 2 x lamb chops, ahi tuna and the ribeye. All were devoured and each bite savored. We shared a little of each others and agreed that every meal was artfully prepared.
We shared a dessert of Bread Pudding with Jack Daniels anglais sauce. It was one of the best I've ever eaten. I think the secret is the Challah bread from the bakery next door. It was so fluffy and thd golden raisins made it moist and flavorful.
The meal was served at the perfect pace. No rushing, time to savor each course.
This is one of the best meals I have enjoyed in a long time.
Seldom does a restaurant hit ALL my criteria for a truly EXCELLENT rating but this one hit it out of the park.

1  Thank Alibri67