“Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Conroe
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2006

We always look foreward to a trip to Ouray, CO! Staying at the Comfort Inn there was great! I read great reviews about this hotel. I knew I needed to do laundry and they had a laundry mat. I always look for continental breakfast and boy did they have it! Hats off to the staff for a great hotel, to the cleanliness and spacious rooms! We will be back again. God Bless ` Larry, Sherrill and Hailey Hooker

Stayed June 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Topeka, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2006

Clean, spacious rooms. Very friendly staff. Good high-speed internet connection. Rates are very reasonable. Beautiful view from porch.

• Liked — Very friendly staff/owner
  • Disliked — Parking space is somewhat limited
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank wsucr1
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2006

We were delighted with our overnight stay at the Ouray Comfort Inn. The owners were very friendly and personable. I hardly ever get a room with a "nice" view. Lots of times I get the roofs' steam vents from the level below so I always notice a view and have a good laugh whether it's lovely or not. Here we were able to sit on the balcony and enjoy the view of the lovely Telluride Rockies.
The breakfast was very tasty - especially the Belgium waffles. Lots of good food the Sunday morning we were there.
We had such a good time at Ouray. The scenery is just spectacular. The Comfort Inn is right off the main street and is convenient for the pool and downtown restaurants. We paid $55.61 for our stay. I look forward to the time when I can return and enjoy the pool and scenery again.

• Stayed October 2003
4 Thank 807wheaton
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2006

I wandered into the town of Ouray during a local ice-climbing exhibition/event (really, you'd have to see it to believe it) without a reservation anywhere in town (though admittedly during an otherwise "quiet" time of the year.) I was pondering a real-estate purchase in nearby Ridgeway, and thought Ouray might offer a good cross-section of the small-town "personality" I might ultimately be buying into. Frankly, I couldn't have been more pleased (and ended-up closing the deal partly because of my experience at the Comfort Inn.)

After a quick pass down Main Street, I took a room at the Comfort Inn, and immediately felt as though I'd known Betty (the Manager) my whole life. And just for background on my taste in accomodations, the previous week had been spent at the Ritz Carlton in another city, and the Four Seasons is a common stop when traveling nationwide and globally.

Now c'mon folks, it's a COMFORT INN for goodness sake! That means exterior entries...no restaurant...abbreviated services.... But watch what SIXTY DOLLARS buys: Clean spacious rooms with plenty of cable options and in-room coffee, free wireless internet (never offered at the Ritz), a fabulous and satisfying array of hot and cold breakfast selections, and plenty of delightful morning conversation with some of the nicest local residents I've had the pleasure to meet in worldwide travel (including in-depth discussions with the Chief of Police, his partner Shane, and a plethora of others who find the breakfast-nook of the Comfort Inn to be Ouray's answer to "Floyd's Barber Shop.")

I haven't had the chance to try the Ouray Chalet, nor other local offerings, but I'll say this: This town is set in one of the most beautiful mountain resort spots on the planet (the Telluride Rockies) and if you subtract the cost of a wonderful breakfast ($25 in Aspen) the cost of a day of wireless "net" (another $10) and factor in unlimited human warmth (priceless) my nights of silent slumber in a locale absolutely mirroring the French Alps (which I had visited the month before) cost the equivalent of a couple of downtown-Dallas martinis.

Sure, there's probably plenty of luxury "somewhere" in town... But for what this property purports to be....you certainly won't be disappointed.

dgantt@millionairdallas.com

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank JetDealer
Wiltshire, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2005

This hotel is just off the main street in Ouray. The room was very clean and a good size. A small problem was that you could hear ever footstep on the exterior landing, which might keep the lighter sleeper awake. There was a complimentary continental breakfast but unfortunately we managed to time our breakfast with a girls volleyball team staying at the hotel. It was just as well they'd eaten all the food as they'd also taken up all the seats in the breakfast room. I guess if they hadn't been staying breakfast would have been fine. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank akhmc
Madison
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2005

Ouray is a spectacular spot in Colorado!! This little hotel is located a couple blocks from the local shops and restaurants. It is a comfortable place to stay, nothing fancy, but clean and has a nice breakfast. Ouray didn't appear to have any large hotels. The town is cute and quaint!

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank vacationite
Salida, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2005

I stayed at this hotel for two nights, and found it to be very clean and comfortable. The belgian waffles that other reviewers mentioned were tasty. I chose this hotel over others because it:

1. allowed pets ($10 charge per pet)

2. had wireless internet access, and allowed me to work while my wife was at a conference.

I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business