All reviewsthe main streethot tubwafflesin townno elevatorhot itemsfront desk personthe ownerthe million dollar highwaychain hotela great stayrooms are cleanwithin walking distanceice climbingtwo blocksfall colorsouray ice park
Reviewed June 3, 2015 via mobile

The Comfort Inn is one block west of the main drag through Ouray. This is not a large property. It is nicely situated for enjoying the shopping and dining in Ouray. The rooms are fairly standard for an older Comfort Inn. Our room was very clean and offered a view of the mountains surrounding Ouray. The inn offers a very complete breakfast with cereals, baked goods, and hot items. If you visit in the summer, be sure to take some time to sit on the balcony and watch the hummingbirds feed. The staff members are very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights and really enjoyed the location; easy walking to really every thing in Ouray.
We arrived and had had a very long drive, we all were in urgent need of a restroom .. I asked if there was a restroom we could use... Her very contrite reply was "we do not unless you want to come back here and check these people out while I unlock your rooms" I was seething at that remark I then informed her it is very urgent could we at least have room keys which she did give promptly. The same worker was also very short with A guest regarding quarters for laundry. It was only the one girl that was rude ... The other employees in the morning and next evening were very nice .
The rooms were clean, one of the beds you could actually see it was dipped, very worn. With all that said; I would stay here again. Clean rooms, great location, awesome view .

Stayed: June 2015
BettyWolfe, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2015

Good morning Connie. Thank you for bringing to my attention the downfalls that you encountered while at our hotel.
We are in the process of changing the mattresses in our rooms to pillow-tops, that should be completed by the end of the week.
I am deeply concerned that you didn't have a good experience upon check-in. There is no excuse for the comment that was made to you at check-in or the rudeness to other guests. I would like to explore it a little further to make sure that other guests do not encounter the same experience. Could you please contact me at 970-325-7203. Customer Satisfaction is the number one priority at our hotel, I want to make sure this doesn't happen again. Again thank you for your time, I appreciate the feedback, I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 13, 2015

The view outside of this hotel is absolutely amazing. Rooms are clean and comfortable. There was a fantastic breakfast waiting for us in the morning. Location is perfect and all destinations are walkable. You can't beat the price and they have free WIFI ... just stay here. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family
BettyWolfe, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. Myself and my staff enjoy making our gusts stay enjoyable. I know that travelers these days need to have reliable WI-FI, we recently upgraded the WI-Fi to make sure that every guest in every room could communicate with the outside world (if you want to). Thank you again and have a great day, wel look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2015

Our recent stay the Comfort Inn was very pleasant. This hotel is exceptionally clean. When we saw it was on a gravel road 1 block off the main street, we thought of our stay in Alaska.. but this in the middle of the most beautiful mountains you'll ever see!!
Our room was very nice with new carpet and linens and everything in good working order. The bed and pillows were new and very comfortable. We were surprised by the full breakfast . Everyone here is so friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have and elevator
  • Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mary j g

Thank you for your post. We enjoy hearing about our guests experiences. Our dirt roads are part of the charm or Ouray, and I don't think that will ever change, our mountains are an added bonus. We just happen to be located in the center of them so you see them from both sides of the Hotel. We are happy we could make your visit a memorable one. Thank you!

Reviewed May 5, 2015

The hotel and property were immaculate. The owners obviously are detail oriented, right down to 2 clothes hooks in the bathroom. The pillows were so comfortable that I opted not to use my own (I always travel with mine). Breakfast was great. Owners are so nice - this felt more like a B&B than a motel. Note to Betty - thank you for the directions to the ghost town - we found it right away!

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChinoValGal

You are so welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed the ghost town, and I'm glad I could recommend a memorable experience to you...wasn't it fun? Thank you and I can't wait to see you again soon.
Have an awesome day!