“24 hour Access to the Hot Springs Pools”

Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The best part of this hotel is the fact you can drive up to the room ( well if you are on the first floor)
The view is amazing and you have a nice table to eat on in the room. Comfy beds, the room was clean with a small fridge :) The pools were great and one of the only places in town you can soak 24 hours.This hotel was family friendly so if you are looking for a romantic getaway, there are other hotels in town that dont allow kids. The Breakfast area was open during the day and we were able to use the toaster for my son and hot water for tea. Make sure to fill your water bottle with the spring water in the lobby!!!!!!
There was some heavy alcohol use by multiple guests when we were there, which wasn't really the most enjoyable...
The only thing that could ad to this hotel is a Juice bar :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Managment12, Guest Relations Manager at Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Hi Rawma!
Thanks for your review. We are happy we made your stay awesome. Come see us in the summer for our Tiki Bar. It is open for dinner and drinks from Memorial Day to Labor Day! The In-door Natural Hot Springs is adults only (meaning no children) all year long. Romantics shouldn't shy away. We suggest that our guests act responsibly but we can only stop something if it is brought to our attention immediately. Please don't hesitate to make your vacation more positive. We can't wait for the chance to make your next stay even better.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The few great things about this hotel was the breakfast and location. We were given a certificate for a complementary two night stay, but what the hotel so conveniently didn't tell us until we checked our credit card a week later, was it may have said complementary two night stay, but it's value only covered one night, and we had to pay for our second night. Our weekend in Ouray was wonderful, and our stay here actually was decent, but we will never stay here again after getting our money taken that way.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heather P

Hello Heather,
Thank you for reviewing us. The gift certificate you mention was "Valued" for a two night stay. However, the value of the certificate did not cover your total balance for the time in which your certificate was used. Therefore, you were charged the difference. We apologize for any confusion and inconveniences caused. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and our amenities. We hope to have you as guests again so we have the opportunity to offer you better customer service.
Twin Peaks Lodge And Hot Springs

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the end of August and loved it. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast included was great, and a really good deal (omelettes and waffles plus all the usual stuff, great!). All three "pools" are actually hot springs and nicely heated (and no closing time so you could go in whenever you want) including one for adults only.
The only drawback was that the front desk staff wasn't super helpful when we had some questions about activities around town but luckily Ouray is a small place so we figured it out ourselves.
All in all a great weekend, we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Jan L!
Thank you for your review. Glad to hear it was a great vacation. Our staff is always learning new and fun things for you to do. Depending on the time of year we should be able to suggest a number of attractions. We did have a new employee this year that may not have been as familiar as they should. But, I can promise it has been incorporated into our training regimen. Our pools are 24 hours a day and that means no missed opportunities or over crowded spaces. We can't wait to have you as a guest again. Happy Vacationing!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Hot Springs Hot Tubs are very nice with very easy, on site, 24 hour access.

Our room had an odor to it. Owner said he would have transfered me to another room, but the hotel was completely booked up, so I am not sure how this was possible. Bed was comfortable.

Breakfast is good.

Also rented a jeep from the hotel (Ouray Mountain Adventures). Jeep had dog hair all over the seats. Owner came out and wiped off the seats with a small towel. It was an improvement. We had reserved a 2-door, but received a 4-door upon arrival. It was the only jeep on site at the hotel. I could care less which one I got (there were only 2 of us), so I did not mention it to the owner. Upon returning the jeep, I was charged the 4-door price. I thought this was unreasonable so I brought it to the attention of the owner. Initially he was not flexible at all. In fact he was very rude and adament that I had reserved the 4-door, when in fact I did not! After an extensive arguement, he did finally credit me back the upcharge for the 4-door.

From the owners perpective, it was my responsiblity to make sure they gave me the right jeep, and it was my responsibility to come back for a different room. Im just not one to complain, so I didn't bother anybody with the room or the jeep situation; until I was overcharged and rudly told it was my fault.

In my opinion, there are many businesses in town that would do their best to make a customer out of you for life. This is not one of them.

3  Thank Joe R

Hi Joe,
I see your point and agree with you. What I can take from this is to talk to the entire staff including the person you spoke with. Explaining to them that an attitude never solves anything. That we work for our customers not the other way around. I am happy to hear there were things that made your stay enjoyable. I personally apologize and would like the opportunity to make it up to you. Please see us again on your next time in Ouray.
Tim Walters
Guest Relations

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We lucked out on a discount, and ended up booking the king suite for one night. First of all, if you’re wondering why it’s called the honeymoon suite, wonder no more: there’s a mirror over the bed. Second, it’s one of their larger rooms, with a wet bar and a separate seating area, but the bathroom is very small. The vanity is outside the bathroom, right next to the bed. The furnishings are outdated, but clean, and we appreciated all of the extra towels and pillows supplied. The private balcony is really the best feature of this room. At first, I thought it simply overlooked the lodge, but then I looked up and saw the beautiful mountain scenery- wow. The wi fi was the most reliable we had on our trip.

Maid service is a little confusing. We tried to check -in early, but were told that firmly that check-in is after 3:00 so that housekeeping can finish cleaning. So we came back and checked in at 3:30, only to enter our room and find that it was in the middle of being cleaned! The next day, the housekeepers came by to clean our room before we had checked out. I think they need some kind of system for letting housekeeping know what rooms should be cleaned, but in the meantime I suggest using your “Privacy Please” sign if you’re just heading down to breakfast and aren’t ready to check out.

Breakfast was plentiful, although the breakfast area got very crowded. The adults-only mineral springs was awesome, and it’s really what makes this lodge a good value.

1  Thank travelerfromsj
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Looking for a clean, reasonable price room, and great breakfast, look no further. The cook to order omelets along with a full spread of other choices can't be beat. Our room was very clean and the bed very conferrable. The staff was very nice and friendly, This is a family run business that takes pride and wants to make your stay enjoyable, not like those chain hotels. Stayed in other places in Ouray, but on my next visit this will be my first choice.

Room Tip: Look on-line for managers specials, that's where we found ours the first time
1  Thank Tom865
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The breakfast was the best ever, cooked omelets to order, the hot pools were great 2 hot tubs one heated pool. The rooms were nice and clean first floor was the best Close to the main street Have stayed here every time I come this way. .

Room Tip: get the first floor
1  Thank neffjj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ouray
Hot Springs Inn
#11 of 15 in Ouray
Mountain Lodge Telluride
Mountain Lodge Telluride
#3 of 7 in Mountain Village

Been to Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs? Share your experiences!