All reviewshot springsopen hours a dayseparate buildingfree popcornwafflesfresh fruitwarm poolbiscuits gravyspring poolin townfj summitan older hotelbox canyon fallsno elevatorthe breakfast areaviews of the mountainsoutdoor pool
Reviewed April 27, 2008

My husband and I just arrived without reservations. Our room was clean and spacious, the bed comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave us a special pre-season rate. The hot breakfast they offered the next day was OK and plentiful with lots of variety. I would/will stay there again.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed August 26, 2007

We had to cancel a reservation there and were told by a motel employee when we made the phone reservation, that cancellation policy was one day prior to arrival. We asked if we needed to cancel by any specific time and he said as long as it was one day prior, we were OK. Although we cancelled one day prior, the motel manager we spoke with charged us a $35 cancellation fee. He rudely told us that we had to cancel by 3 p.m. and we called them about 5 p.m. When we explained that no one told us we had to cancel by 3 p.m., he refused to believe us or work with us. After returning from vacation, we contacted Best Western and they contacted the property manager directly, but he refused to work with them either. Best Western apologized to us for the motel manager's behavior, said that the property would have a mark against them, and sent us a travel card worth $40 to help compensate us for our troubles.

The motel is standard fair and OK, but the management sucks. Take what they say with a grain of salt. Hopefully, forwarned is forarmed.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2007

I agree with the back and forth reviews of this place. I do like the location, the rooms were pretty clean, it was a nice surprise to have a hot breakfast, but I kind of didn't like my room. It was pretty small and I really hated the setup. Maybe it was because I was set up in a weird corner room (it wasn't even on the hotel map 113 or 114 or 115?) but it was set up in a way that only one person could watch the TV on the bed and not comfortably at that. It's hard to explain but the room is so narrow that the TV does not face the bed and therefore faces the table. This was quite uncomfortable and useless really. I thought the service wasn't bad however. They had a nice lobby that housed hot cocoa or coffee at your convenience. All in all I've given this place a neutral review.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 23, 2007

This hotel has several positives: it is in a great location (an easy walk to shopping and restaurants), a decent pool with two hot spring tubs, and the lobby had complementary coffee, hot chocolate, and fresh popcorn (which was great - it was a cold, rainy day).

However, several things might prevent me from booking here again. The hotel was completely booked the night we stayed, and you could hear it from the 3 pm check-in until late at night. The walls were very thin, and we were able to follow conversations in the neighboring rooms when trying to get to sleep. Doors to our right and left sounded like they were slamming, though they weren't. The room itself was rather dingy and not very welcoming. The curtains didn't allow for very much privacy.

The hotel is too pricey for its lack in quality.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NJ_Geology
Reviewed June 15, 2007

I would like to just say this was one the best motels that we stayed at during our whole trip. From the great smiles at the front desk to the helpful house keeping. It was a little more than what I wanted to pay but it was was worth every doller. Once I found out what they all offerd in their rooms. From the hotsprings to the pool and the hot breakfast. If you get to Ouray make sure you stay at this place

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank oldfart10