“Thumbs up from the Road Warriors!”

Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed July 16, 2013

WOW... the road warriors loved Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs! The scenery outside your door is breathtaking. The pool, jacuzzi and hot springs is open 24/7. The road warriors went crazy! Ryan prepared our dinner for 38 road warriors last minute. The pizza and omelets were yummy. Thank you Ryan...we had a wonderful stay at Twin Peaks!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I love getting away to Ouray and have tried several different hotels there. This was my first time at the Twin Peaks Lodge. It was very clean, quiet, restful, and I enjoyed the hot springs options, a pool and two separate natural hot springs tubs, one for adults only. I really liked that the hot springs were available all night. Saturday night they showed an outdoor movie on the grass which was fun, and they have a Tiki bar close to the pool which is fun. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RamonaRae
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a very enjoyable and relaxing stay at the Twin Peaks Lodge! Check in is listed as 3pm and they were not budging on that when we arrived at 1:45 as well as a few others. I imagine that most people do stay until the 11am check out and therefore have to scramble to get the rooms cleaned. We took advantage of all 3 of the water areas: the chlorinated pool, the all ages hot tub and the adult hot tub. Our favorite was the adult only hot tub. There was fresh ice water with orange slices available in the adult only area. There is a tiki bar where you can get a bite to eat and enjoy some refreshments (at a fairly high price). The room was fairly big and all was clean and tidy though somewhat narrow when opening the wardrobe to watch the television. For breakfast, there is a breakfast building with fresh fruit offerings, cold or hot cereal, many different bread options, biscuits and gravy, bacon, eggs and freshly made omelets. Highly recommend this hotel!!

1  Thank ColoradoRN
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Guido and Donna served us a delicious full breakfast complete with a cheery smile. I am happy to give this hotel and its breakfast room an "Excellent" rating. We had a happy start for each day of our visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My only disappointment with this place is that we couldn't stay longer. We arrived late, after the office closed, and had to leave first thing in the morning. Arriving after the office closed wasn't a problem as the room information and keys were left for us. Our kids had been in the truck all day so we loved that the pool and spas were open 24 hours a day. I also appreciated the relaxing music and low light levels. It was an excellent way to wind down after being on the road.

The room was amazing. Very room, great TV, super comfortable beds and more pillows than I knew what to do with. I had one of the best nights sleep on our 12 day road trip.

I got up early to enjoy a fantastic breakfast. Cooked-to-order eggs (I had an omelet with everything), thick, meaty applewood-smoked bacon, and hot, strong coffee filled me up and got me ready for another day of being on the road.

On this trip we were just passing through Colorado but we want to take a family trip to CO next year or the year after and we will DEFINITELY be coming back to this place!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We walked in and were given a fantastic rate with immediate availability despite a complete turn-over of the hotel. The check-in staff were extremely friendly and very knowledgeable. The rooms were simple but sophisticated although the rooms seemed a little crowded with a huge bed, table, sofa and large wardrobe. But there were fantastic little touches like nice shampoo / conditioner and fancy folded towels.

This hotel is also one of the few that has private natural spring pools - and they are large. But the best part was the newly built adult only natural spring pool. While covered, there were windows on three sides from which the view of the mountains were unsurpassed. The pool was a little cool when we got in, but as soon as we mentioned it to the hotel staff, they cranked it right up.

The on-site restaurant was lovely as well. The outdoor calm vibe with the tiki lights and pizza really made the evening magical. I would be remiss to forget the breakfast - an omelette bar and all the timings. The food was great and abundant, my only feel was that the room was a hang-over from its days as a chain hotel and a little crowded.

The vibe was of a high-end all inclusive - which was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This motel is in a great location.Walking distance to everything in Ouray and on a quiet side street. They where full for the week of the 4th of July and seemed to be bit overwelmed at breakfast. They had to expect a crowd when they where fully booked. I also had an issue with a window that would not lock that I had to report twice before it was fixed. Their comment was that they where very busy. It concerned me that being sure I could secure my room did not seem to be a priority. There was also a strong pet order in our room that they did not get rid of. Other than that the room was clean and we enjoyed or stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ranchhand4020
TwinPeaksLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Hello and thank you for review! I am happy to hear there were some excellent points you've made about our property. We are just one block off Main St. so its a brief beautiful walk to town. And its downhill back to us ;) Fourth of July is ones of our towns busiest times. Year round there are approximately 800 people. During our busiest times our mile wide town could see upwards of three times our population. Needless to say town buzz's with business. However bustling Ouray may be; we might just be one of the safest and most secure places (Dare I Say) in the country. I apologize personally for not going to your room first and making you feel safe and assured but there are only two people who can complete the task you requested. One being Ryan Hein our General Manager. Ryan not only part owns/fully manages the hotel he also is our; genius mechanic and engineer, plumber, electrician, cable guy, telephone repair man, locksmith, front desk attendant, reservation agent, event planner / coordinator / caterer. He is the jeep trail knowledge specialist in our office and the person who checks them in and out. He is our head chef at the Mineshaft on property restaurant, who also takes the order over the phone and delivers it to its destination. He is the restaurant's buss boy and the dishwasher. At the end of the day he is the cashier and rings up all cash orders. Literally, for 8 months he works 24hrs a day. Personally I've tried to keep up and been dusted as he zoomed by. He does all of this while painstakingly training a front desk staff that is new this year (which him and one other person used to do since he became part owner) I give huge credit to all of the girls working in our front desk. They were thrown into the fire and all flourished. The reason we work so hard with little staff is because it keeps our rates low enough to be affordable. Most hotels don't offer what we do because it would be too expensive. Our devoted staff is one of the best parts about my job. They make every day possible here. To recap, I'm sorry again and we will take this as a learning experience and work even harder for our guests. Hope to see you again and happy vacationing!
Tim Walters