$160
Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs(Ouray)(Great Value!)
$131
$139
Ouray Inn(Ouray)
$130
Hotels.com
$199
Timber Ridge Lodge(Ouray)(Great Value!)
$119
Comfort Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
$124
ComfortInn
  • Breakfast included
Ouray Victorian Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
$135
Hotel Ouray(Ouray)(Great Value!)
$131
$134
Official Site
All reviewsbon tonhis sonhistoric hotelthe ownerother guestsbring kidsantique furnituremain streetin townawesome hotelhot tubhot itemsbreakfast was deliciousloved our stayeach morningthe san juan mountainsdefinitely stay here again
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My boyfriend took me to Ouray recently on my first trip to see him in Colorado. After driving to through the country side, we stopped in Ouray. We hadn't planned on staying over night, but made a last minute decision to stay in town. I liked the look of the St. Elmo's Hotel so we decided to venture in. I was very impressed with the style of the hotel. I love the victorian, charming feel you get when you open the door. The room was cute, no t.v., but it was exactly what I pictured it to be. The Bon Ton restraunt was fabulous. The food, wine, and the service was simply amazing... my mouth waters for their Black Nasty. Yum! The waiter hit it spot on when recommending our dessert that would best fit our wine we were drinking. And the dim lit room was the perfect setting for a wonderful evening

All in all, I will definitely be returning. It was a wonderful experience. The only complaints I have is that We were up extremely early and there was no coffee, or breakfast to be found before we finally decided to leave at 7:00 am. Other than that, I have no complaints. I would tell anyone looking for a romantic, personable, and charming weekend getaway, to go and see for themselves exactly what this place has to offer.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David D
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I have been visiting the St. Elmo for the past ten years and recently stayed again for our tenth anniversary. We were very sad by what the new owners have turned this amazing place into:( It was dirty, the service was very bad and it smelled like a coffee shop in Amsterdam. Our room smelled like pot the whole time we were there as did the lobby. They only put out wine and food for the "wine social" when we tracked someone down each night and reminded them. We have years of great memories at the St. Elmo and this was a HUGE disappointment. We will never return again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim F
StElmoHotel, Manager at St. Elmo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

We are very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience at the hotel. We do want to let everyone know that the St. Elmo is back under the established ownership that owned and operated the hotel from 1984 thru 2011. With this news, we hope that you will book a room and experience once again the grace and charm of the st. Elmo Hotel.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We can to stay on Ouray for a quick vaction from wrok, We walked in to get checked in and rang the bell this little guy came out about 6-8 min later and looked at us and said YES!! I said we are here checking in, ok so he was rude the hole time telling us that he was playing video games and had to stop and help us..My husbamd thinks his name is Matt, So anyways tells us wine and apptizers will be out, so we came down and did not see anyting, instead we walked in on him telling some guess that the Bon Tons food was not good to go over to the mexican place.We ate at the Bon Ton and the food was good and the service was the best in town..Matt needs to be trained on how to treat people..won't be back to the ST. ELmo, BonTon yes

Room Tip: go some where else
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brenda m
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Get it in writing ! When we got there the price was different ..I mentioned it to the owner and he made a crack about giving us a discount..when he handed me the keys he did not give me a copy of my credit card ..just looked at my account and he charged me the price I was not quoted....hmmmm??? The bed was rock hard and I only met 1 person that worked there that smiled we opted out of eating at the BonTon because of all the horrible opinions on Tripadviser and other websites ..maybe it is because when we were sitting by the hottub we watched a waitress and busboy smoking a bowl..could that be the reason the service and food are not what they use to be ? If I sound bitter it was because it was a trip back in time as we have eaten and stayed here many times not again, found so many other places that we will be visiting.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

A close friend and I stayed in the St Elmo for three nights while taking fabulous day trips with Switzerland of America Tours - HIGHLY recommended for the outstanding scenery - IF you can tolerate narrow dirt roads with sheer drop offs of hundreds of feet.
My husband and I had stayed at St Elmo three years ago in a spacious suite and liked it very much. Although the hotel changed ownership in December 2011 it is as good as ever.
My friend and I each had a small bedroom with bath in between. Perfect for our situation. Our rooms overlooked the restaurant's outdoor patio, but it had vacated by 10pm and the diners were couples and not loud, so this was not a problem. Beds were very comfortable; everything was squeaky clean, staff and owners friendly and accomodating. Breakfast consisted of lots of fresh fruit, muffins, good coffee (and tea). Blueberry cheese blitzes were on the menu two days and one day a delicious Mexican egg casserole. I asked for, and they were happy to give me, the recipe for the casserole.

Room Tip: All rooms are very different, so inquire about what is available to best fit your situation.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends