“First Stop - Wish We Could Have Stayed Longer” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of China Clipper Inn

China Clipper Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Ouray B&B and Inns
Phoenix, AZ
“First Stop - Wish We Could Have Stayed Longer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the China Clipper for only one night on our way up to Wyoming. The inn was clean, attractive and very comfortable. The breakfast was good also. The only negative was the climb up the stairs from the parking in front. Go around to the rear to drop your luggage is my suggestion. We enjoyed the old time charm of the inn and of Ouray. Next time we are in western Colorado, we'll spend a little more time in Ouray and will go back to the China Clipper.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2010

There is no doubt that Ouray Colorado is simply a gorgeous area; it is breath taking. The people in town were so friendly and helpful you felt that you may be visting Mayberry instead of Ouray. There are many wonders to see in such a small place - i.e., as the waterfalls along with so much of Mother Nature's gifts for discovery on nature walks etc. The Outlaw restaurant was very good; the Artisan Bakery had delicious treats and a good menu, but the crown jewel in this special place, is without a doubt, the CHINA CLIPPER INN. Hans and Ingrid are both so outstanding in their roles of innkeepers - they open up their beautiful inn to where you almost instantly, feel at home and even better. They both want your stay at China Clipper Inn to be memorable and they absolutely succeed. What a delight to wake up to Hans' luscious breakfast each morning and the hospitality of Ingrid. I have never experienced wanting to go back to a place simply for the place I stayed; but that has changed. When I think about going back to Ouray it is the China Clipper and its marvelous innkeepers that I think of first.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank SHANNIE_M
Telluride, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2010

The China Clipper Inn is an adorable b&b located in stunning Ouray, Colorado. I was previously aware of owners' Hans and Ingrid's remarkable hospitality, as we became friends over the winter and was not let down by them when we stayed at the Inn. The rooms have very unique and pleasant decor, and the beds were extremely comfortable! The amenities help you to feel right at home, and encourage a relaxing setting. I would highly recommend staying with the Vanderploeg's at the China Clipper if it is on your vacation route. And if it isn't....be sure to make the stop! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Southern Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2010

Ingrid and Hans are very attentive hosts, and they keep the Inn in impeccable order, very clean. The room was very comfortable and quiet, the breakfasts were fresh and delicious. Our room had beautiful views, and it is right in the heart of town with an easy walk to everything, yet off the main street enough to feel nice and quiet. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

Highley recomended. I recently attened a wedding in Ouray and stumbled upon this B&B online. As I was traveling alone I opted for the most basic room on offer and was pleasently suprised. I got a very spacious room with a partial view of the surrounding mountains and a nice four post bed. Several of my friends were lodging at other hotels in the area, so I got a chance to check out the other lodging options. I found that I paid a good 20-50 less a night and got a much better room.

My two favorite aspects of this place:

- tastefully decorated. Some B&B's try to cram every available space with cheesy nick-nacks and over do it on the floral wall paper. This place got it spot on. Very comfortable and decorated with style.

- Very nice owner operators. Hans and Ingrid are a young couple and seem to have real enthusiasim for the buisness. When people enjoy having guests it makes a big difference. Especially in an small B&B.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank mattdujour
Grand Junction, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2010

This was my first stay at a bed and breakfast so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. The property is beautiful, well built and well cared for. The hosts, Hans and Ingrid were hospitable, friendly, and invisible unless we had a need. I
We really enjoyed the stay and highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

We have stayed at the inn before this trip, but it was under different management. We enjoyed these innkeepers.. a courteous, helpful couple with an adorable infant. We found the rooms to be clean, comfortable enough for old furniture, and quiet. We were really disappointed, however, that all four breakfasts we ate were identical: scrambled eggs, bacon, and muffins plus sides of fruit and cereal. How about an egg casserole or some pancakes or coffee cake? It's a bed and BREAKFAST. Variety would have been appreciated.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thomas H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ouray
Beaumont Hotel & Spa
The Hotel Telluride
The Hotel Telluride
#1 of 10 in Telluride
Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs

Been to China Clipper Inn? Share your experiences!