“Spectacular scenery for a fantastic B&B”
Review of China Clipper Inn

China Clipper Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Ouray B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“Spectacular scenery for a fantastic B&B”
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Ouray has to be one of the most photogenic spots in Colorado - the mountains are so reminiscent of the European Alps - it just takes your breath away. We've been to Ouray before and stayed at St Elmo's, but this place wins hands down. The room was well decorated, large and spotless. The inn is only a two minute walk to the main street. But what really sets this place apart are the (relatively) new owners, Hans and Ingrid, they are some of the friendliest, hospitable inn keepers that we've found. Couple Hans and Ingrid with the scenery, mountain air, perfect location, yummy breakfasts (and cookies) and the hot tub, and you have an awesome recipe for a mountain getaway. Thoroughly recommend, can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Denver, CO
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I stayed at the China Clipper for two nights and didn't want to leave. The owners, Hans and Ingrid, made us feel welcome from the first moment. Ouray is stunningly beautiful and the inn is close to many activities and day hikes. The rooms were clean and beautiful and the food was delicious! I would highly recommend the China Clipper to anyone!

Tampa Bay Florida
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Comfortable accommodating rooms at fair price, beautiful location, service was magnificent, owners are now friends, clean with all the comforts of home plus some!! Hottest Jacuzzi in town. Located walking distance 1 block from downtown, all bars restaurants and hot springs. Fantastic place for a wedding as they hosted my niece's reception and post-wedding activities!!!! Bravo Hans and Ingrid!! Great job!!! Thank you! We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Golden, CO
Reviewed October 21, 2009

We decided to get married in Ouray on October 17th and we stayed at the China Clipper Inn along with many of our friends and family. First let me say that I think it was THE BEST way to get married. We all stayed in the Clipper, which was decorated just beautifully! The owners, Hans and Ingrid really made all of our guests feel at home. Our honeymoon suite was phenomenal from the private balcony with incredible views, to the luxurious bed to the romantic fireplace. And of course, I couldn't have had any more fun than in the hot tub at the end of the night. The service is impeccable and I couldnt have dreamed of better. Honestly, I wish I could get married again and again so that I could stay at the China Clipper each and every time. My reccommendation? Get married in Ouray and have your friends and family rent the entire B&B out - you'll have a wonderful time!

• Stayed October 2009
orlando
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I would highly recommend The China Clipper Inn to anyone wanting to get away for any occasion. I stayed there for a wedding and everything was perfect! The owners Hans and Ingrid were so welcoming and helped in any way they could to make all of the guests stay comfortable and stress free! Breakfast was amazing with beautiful views from every room I encountered. My two favorite places at the China Clipper Inn -- The views from the front porch and the deck in the back with a large hot tub to relax in the evenings.
Last but surely not least, The China Clipper was immaculate and not stuffy as Inns usually are. The sophisticated Design made me feel like a home away from home!

Thank you for a great vacation China Clipper!
-Shelly P Orlando Florida

• Stayed October 2009
Colorado
Reviewed October 20, 2009

We spent the weekend at The China Clipper in Ouray, CO for a friend's wedding. The place was extremely clean, welcoming and charming! There's great balconies to appreciate the views and a wonderful hot tub to unwind at the end of the day. The owners, Hanz and Ingrid, made you instantly feel like old friends. They go above and beyond to make sure you are enjoying your stay. Their hospitality and friendliness paired with the great location in town make it a place to keep coming back to. If you are going to stay in Ouray, stay here! You won't regret it!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 5, 2009

This was my first time to Ouray, we went to celebrate our two year anniversary, and I’m so glad we spent it at the China Clipper. The China Clipper exceeded my expectations; the photos do not do it justice. Check in was smooth and friendly with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies waiting for us.

The bed is one of the most important things for me, what’s the point of taking a vacation if you can’t sleep? After a dip in the hot tub, very nice after the drive, I slept like a baby.

We woke up and enjoyed the breakfast. Eggs, muffins, fluffy pancakes, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, pretty much anything you could ever want.

Hans recommended a beautiful hike that had the best views of Ouray. We saw some other guests on the same hike and they looked like they were having a blast.

We had dinner in town at the Bon Ton, and while I passed on dessert, I couldn’t pass up the brownies Hans and Ingrid had out when we returned.

The location of the inn was great for walking anywhere in town and had some of great views.

Next time we are staying longer than two nights.

1 Thank MathPrincess