“Simply beautiful....we will be back.,” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of China Clipper Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
China Clipper Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Ouray B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Simply beautiful....we will be back.,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

What can I say but beautiful. Lovely people, lovely rooms, lovely house, lovely amenities, beautiful location, wonderful breakfast! I especially liked the sitting room with the shelf full of books. We will be back to stay here if ever in this place again! I hope that Hans and Ingrid can accommodate us when we do........

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ozchick5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Provo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Lots of choices for hotels in Ouray, but we chose the China Clipper Inn mainly because of the good reviews, so I'll add another one here. The China Clipper Inn was a really great place to stay. It's quaint, very clean, and Ingrid and Hans, the owners, are working hard to make sure that everybody has a great experience here. Their breakfast in the morning was very tasty, with quiche, sausage, cereal, muffins, juice, coffee, and all the trimmings. Our room was very nice, with a great bed, and a nice little semi-private sitting area out front overlooking the nice clean hot tub. Have wanted to stay in Ouray for a number of years now, so I'm glad we finally did, and also glad we chose the China Clipper Inn. While there we slipped up to the Wiesbaden Hotel just to soak in their hot springs vapor caves ($15 for 3 hours) which was a good choice too.

Room Tip: They don't advertise air conditioning, but all rooms that I saw had A/C.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MB886
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Out of 5 hotels, and two in Ouray Co. this was by far the best place we stayed. Super clean and super quiet. Really nicely set up and decorated. Even the air smelled great, not sure how they did that but it was nice. Each room has its own bath and is plenty spacious. The food was fantastic. I never was a bed and breakfast type but am totally sold now. The husband and wife team that run this place were very friendly and accommodating, easy and nice to talk with. Helpful with things around town and the area. This will be a destination place for us in the future. Strongly recommend this place.

Room Tip: They have both single room and suites available.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve D
Crofton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am a frequent traveler around the US and I have stayed at 5 star hotels and other bed and breakfast inns. The China Clipper ranks high on my travel destinations. This trip was for a family affair in a very small town. I was not sure what I was going to find upon my arrival. The innkeepers, Ingrid and Hans, made my week long trip special in every way. Hans breakfast creations were delightful. I will never forget the cherry chocolate muffins. The dinning room provides a scenic view of the mountains which was spectacular. The room was spacious and clean. I hope that I will get the opportunity to stay with Hans and Ingrid again. I felt like they were my family and the inn was my home. Can't wait for the next visit!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wonderful experience. The bed was comfortable and the room was furnished beautifully. Breakfast was delicious every morning particularly the muffins. Hans and Ingrid were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay at the China Clipper in future.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Retta_ok
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We loved every minute of our stay. Having stayed in B&Bs all over the world I rate this as in the TOP 2. Our room was lovely. Truly lovely. The décor is classic and beautiful through out.
Breakfast room and breakfast itself... sensational.
We live in Denver which means we will be back easily again and again.
Thank you Ingrid and Hans!
Chris and Pat

Room Tip: We had a standard room and it couldn't have been more even if it was the Honeymoon Suite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chrishartridge
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

The China Clipper offers first class lodging combined with the most laid back atmosphere one can experience in this beautiful mountain town. Hans and Ingrid are accessible and yet not overwhelmingly intrusive. They immediately make you feel welcome and part of the place from the moment you cross the threshold. Rooms are impeccably tasteful and comfortable. Breakfast is amazing and not to be missed. Best eggs ever and the muffins and fresh fruit are the BEST! Forget about Aspen, Vail, and Steamboat...stay here and take the easy day trips to Silverton and Telluride. When you return to the China Clipper, you'll feel like you are back home.
Pat and Chris C.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ouray
Beaumont Hotel & Spa
#1 of 10 in Telluride
Ouray Chalet Inn
Ouray Chalet Inn
#3 of 15 in Ouray

Been to China Clipper Inn? Share your experiences!