My girlfriend and I went here for our spring break vacation and were thoroughly impressed with this hotel. The hot springs are warm and inviting, with two of them having a view at night to die for. The room was rustic and well cleaned/kept with plenty of room for having 4 people stay comfortably in their double queen rooms. The outside of the hotel and the grounds are extremely well kept and actually look exactly like they do in the professional pictures posted. Then, there is the area that it is in. It resides right at the head of the major hiking trail to the box canyon water falls and the ice park, which are amazing. My girlfriend and I spent an entire day hiking up there and loved every second of it from the views to the challenge. Overall the staff are helpful, warm and inviting. One night I spent 40 minutes in the main office just talking to them when I went to for some coffee before heading out to the hot springs. Overall this hotel blew me and my girlfriend away by its affordability and what you get for that price. Between the location, the rooms, the amenities and the staff, I will stay here every time I come to Ouray and I'll be back soon from what the town is like in general.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs is Ouray's most popular getaway experience. We offer extremely clean, attractively decorated rooms with a unique rustic flair. Our rooms range from king sized suites to beautifully designed honeymoon suites. Our rooms come equipped with Satellite TV, Wi Fi, and microwaves. Kitchens and fireplaces are also available for select rooms. Our hot tubs are what keeps our guests returning every year. Utilizing the natural local hot springs, our barrel shaped hot tubs offer a relaxing and unique experience for our guests. Open all day long, our guests enjoy a beautiful view of the San Juan Mountainside, under a gorgeous sky or a blanket of stars. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our springs after a long hike or jeep trip up the mountain during the summer, or after a challenging ski trip or ice climbing excursion in the winter. The natural, beautiful countryside offers the perfect backdrop to a wedding as well. We are able to accommodate wedding parties with advance notice. Join us for your next getaway, and see why our guests keep coming back every year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs Hotel Ouray
- Box Canyon Lodge And Hot Springs
- Box Canyon Ouray
- Box Canyon Hotel Hot Springs