All reviews wine and cheese ping pong homemade cinnamon rolls the main street turnovers the owner town motel corn hole great breakfast in the morning every afternoon room was clean nice bathroom perfect mountain hot breakfast highly recommend staying here stay there again cute hotel
Reviewed September 7, 2018

We loved Ouray and this inn. My family (4 adults, 2 kids, 5 and 10) stayed here during the summer. We loved it so much that we extended our stay from 2 nights to 4. we had two rooms

Kim, the owner was so nice, the rooms were lovely, clean and quiet. They are small, but we slept 2 kids and 2 adults in one room easily. The garden was really nice with ping pong and corn hole to play. The complementary wine and cheese in the evenings was great and it was a lovely quiet place to hang out.

I thought breakfast was perfect, much of the stuff freshly cooked and homemade.

We had a mix up with the additional fee for the kids, but Kim kindly took care of us.

Would definitely recommend and will be returning next summer for sure!!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2018

I'm disturbed reading the very few negative reviews of this amazing place. 1 reviewer is upset he didn't read the actual hotel's website where it clearly states "call prior to arriving with animals" and another talks about "outdated rooms" in a hotel professing to be an "inn"? Come on...

I want to return my focus to the positive. You can ABSOLUTELY believe the other 90% of reviewers who have said their stay was "Sooo Cute!", "We Still Love this Inn", "Charming", "Perfect Mountain Town Motel" You already know, I could keep going.

From the minute we pulled into the parking lot and was greeted outside by Kim (owner), her tour of the room and how to operate everything, the daily great breakfast, to sitting out each night and meeting people we've never met... This is the REAL DEAL!

I found myself constantly saying "I read this in a review".

If you want to stay in a resort, book Telluride and avoid the letdown. If you want to have an experience you will remember for all the right reasons, book a stay here! The decision just felt right.

There were things I'd change if I had a magic wand, but they were so trivial, they never became something where I still couldn't honestly rate this Inn with the highest possible score. If that's who you are, perhaps you could choose another destination and avoid writing your 500th negative review.

Here's our takeaway...
Incredible Hotel Ownership and Staff
A decent, filling breakfast that changed each morning. We looked forward to seeing what Kim had cooked up for us today.
A comfortable bed and AC/Heat adjusted to a perfect temperature
Strong pressure in the shower
Clean rooms
Almost every amenity you find in larger resorts. Fridge, microwave, iron, hairdryer, flat panel televisions, etc...
Other guests in the hotel who were friendly and genuinely interested in getting to know you
An environment you could tell ownership works hard to provide their guest

Bottom line... I can leave this review feeling like I'm giving you my word. That means something to me... We will be booking another stay here!

Room Tip: If you have an animal, call before you arrive. We were on the bottom floor and rarely were disturbed.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RobSeaver
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights. It was absolutely the cutest place I have ever stayed! I loved sitting outside on the balcony morning and or night. Beautiful view of the mountains and stars at night. The complimentary breakfast was awesome! Not your run of the mill continental breakfast. Real home cooked food! We also really enjoyed the complimentary wine and cheese “happy hour” each early evening! Walking distance from hiking trails and MANY restaurants, and shopping. Very clean and rooms were well taken care of. I will be back for sure!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night at Ouray Inn and we were very disappointed after reading all the positive reviews. The owners are really nice and helpful but the rooms are dated, small and noisy (you basically hear everything from the room above). The breakfast was average. The prices are also very high for the overall quality.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank new_world_travellers
Reviewed August 23, 2018

We booked sort of at the last minute and were accommodated with the same room we stayed in the last time a year ago. When we arrived, we found that we were even upgraded to a "better " room by the owner. Nice.
Everything about the Ouray Inn is good. From the extremely clean rooms to the comfy deck with the couches, its all good. Of course you know about the wine and cheese reception each day from 4:30 to 6:30 don't you? I need not mention that for the thousandth time as each reviewer goes on about that. Suffice to say it's a nice touch but this trip, we didn't feel the red wine was up to par with past year's vintages.
If you have pets be advised that they only have about 5 rooms devoted to them so you may be out of luck if you arrive late, etc.
Most reviews are 5 stars for a reason and you won't go wrong staying here.
Reminder #2---they close for the season October 15th.

Room Tip: Upstairs are quieter, downstairs are ground level with no steps.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple