“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Vancleave, Mississippi
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay. This is a real nice hotel. The rooms are big and clean. We really loved having 2 king size beds in our room.
The balcony is so nice, we loved being on the balcony overlooking the creek. We slept with the window open so we could hear the water flowing by. We had a great nights sleep. Just wish we could have stayed longer. We will be staying here on our next trip. We love the town of Ouray , it is small and so enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Gazzo1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Ponca City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I made my reservations back in April 2010. I can honestly say that I planned my entire Colorado vacation around getting a room booked at HOT SPRINGS INN. We stayed there 2 years ago and found it to be one of the very best hotels in Colorado. The room is huge and the private deck overlooking the River is incredible. We had an awesome 4 nights and were really sad to leave. I'm currently looking at my calendar to plan my trip back to Hot Springs Inn for 2011. Thanks for everything.

Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed July 19, 2010

After having had a less than pleasurable night at another Ouray hotel the previous night, I can unequivocally say that the Hot Springs Inn will be my first choice the next time I am in Ouray.

Pros:
The beds are new and comfortable, the ventilation and temperature control is modern, the views spectacular. Cable with actual movie channels. Hot tubs you can use all night. Refrigerators in the rooms. No stingy policies about filling up coolers from their ice machine. A river walk trail that leads to the town.

Cons:
There was some kid with a cap gun in one of the adjacent rooms and the rules are not clear on people smoking on the back decks ( a gagging cloud of second-hand smoke came wafting into our room from outside once or twice). The continental breakfast was a bit mediocre, not really having many healthy options. Yogurt with high fructose corn syrup, Pop-Tarts, sugary cereals. No 1/2 & 1/2 for the coffee. However, I view these continental breakfasts just a snack to get people's blood sugar up before they hit the road or to hold them over until they can go to one of the real breakfast establishments in town.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ernie-Everhard
Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Wow! What a place! Very clean and well cared for, from the rooms to the grounds. The plush king size beds and the sound of the river outside was heaven. Each member of my family was blown away by this place. Wanted to stay 3 nights, but could only stay 2 as the rest of the week was booked. The private patio is a great place to relax and the trail outside is awesome for quick run or walk. The staff is very personable and attentive, place felt like home. Breakfast is just enough to get you going in the morning, prepackaged bagel, donuts, pop tarts and cereal (kinda like getting breakfast at a gas station on a road trip). But hey, I didn't book this place for a gourmet breakfast, I was looking for a comfortable stay, in a beautiful town, at a reasonable price. I got that and way more at the Hot Springs Inn!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We had booked 4 nights at this place, and everything is an adventure to explore. Great rooms, clean, all the things you will enjoy to have in your vacation on the hotel-room. Great view from the balcony, super service and a great breakfast every morning. We will for sure return on our next vacation. So, we understand why they have got the trip-advisor price for 2009 - I believe they also will get it for 2010.
Visit this place, and you also will return.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins
Reviewed July 14, 2010

This place is the best,I reviewed it in 2009,but I mistakenly rated it wrong. I love this pace,the staff the rooms,2 king size beds, deck, just wonderful

Spring, Tx, USA
Reviewed July 11, 2010

The Inn has large up to date rooms with 2 comfortable king sized beds per room (the fat mattresses put the top of the bed high enough to require a jump to sit on them), and a balcony with a small table and chairs overlooking the river. Our room had a shower, but not a tub. The wireless internet worked flawlessly even though we were as far away from the office as the rooms get. The staff, especially Jan, was helpful and thoughtful - kudos to them. Breakfast had a moderate selection and was in a pleasant room. The outside corridor was brightly lit and there was some light "bleed through" into the room's entry area at night.
Town was a short, easy, pretty walk on the river trail or, a little scarier, beside the highway. Even though we were on the edge of town I had full coverage with my AT&T phone. My only complaint is that the chairs in the room and on the balcony were not as comfortable as I expected given the rest of the Inn's amenities.